Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Archer's comments regarding us

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Are we continually crap or just intermittently crap with occasional non-crapness? I'd argue that between mid 2005 - end of 2006 we were very much non-crap but reached a new nadir of crap in the last 7 rounds of 2007 (draw with St.K notwithstanding)? Or are you automatically crap if you haven't won a premiership in 60 odd years?
    And should the president get some credit if the club has become less crap off the field or does the on-field crapness override and off-field developments?

Are we guilty of accepting crapness?
    Great post.

I deliberately made my question conceptual rather than Dogs specific, because this thread seems to rebuff not just Archer's opinion, but also the reasonableness of criticising Smorgan in relation to our on field performance.

I think we have been worse than intermittently crap, given we've got a best finish of 6th in an 8 year period (worst of any club in same period?). The president should get credit for the good things he does, and criticism for the mistakes he makes. Although even reasonable criticisims of Smorgan (and there are reasonable criticisms to be made) seem completely unpalatable to a lot of Dogs fans.

Not sure about accepting crapness. What is it to not accept crapness anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

FFS

At least show our president some respect and spell is surname correctly.

SmorgOn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    FFS

At least show our president some respect and spell is surname correctly.

SmorgOn
    I actually took my lead there from the OP because i often mix it up. How come you responded to that post without having a crack at borgy for his ever so disrespectful mistake?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pembleton View Post
    I actually took my lead there from the OP because i often mix it up. How come you responded to that post without having a crack at borgy for his ever so disrespectful mistake?

Wasn't just directed at you

Post Thanks / Like

How come you responded to that post without having a crack at borgy for his ever so disrespectful mistake?
    Some people are coachable, unfortunately borgy isn't one of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Great post.

I deliberately made my question conceptual rather than Dogs specific, because this thread seems to rebuff not just Archer's opinion, but also the reasonableness of criticising Smorgan in relation to our on field performance.

I think we have been worse than intermittently crap, given we've got a best finish of 6th in an 8 year period (worst of any club in same period?). The president should get credit for the good things he does, and criticism for the mistakes he makes. Although even reasonable criticisims of Smorgan (and there are reasonable criticisms to be made) seem completely unpalatable to a lot of Dogs fans.

I think every other club has a top 4 finish but that might be since 1998

Post Thanks / Like

Great post.

To be honest I was feeling a little sillly when I posted, Smorgon has built up a lot of good will amongst the fans but I think he definitely has to answer for some of his less palatable actions. I thought his crack at Eade last year was poor, and looked like fan appeasing blame. Surely if we're a team we can't jus blame one person especially in public, everyone needs to be pulling together. Hopefully the off-season review has fixed some of this. I think Archer is a very ordinary media presence but he's got the right to his opinion much like anyone else and he'll probably try to be controversial to keep up with the jones's on FC.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    To be honest I was feeling a little sillly when I posted, Smorgon has built up a lot of good will amongst the fans but I think he definitely has to answer for some of his less palatable actions. I thought his crack at Eade last year was poor, and looked like fan appeasing blame. Surely if we're a team we can't jus blame one person especially in public, everyone needs to be pulling together. Hopefully the off-season review has fixed some of this. I think Archer is a very ordinary media presence but he's got the right to his opinion much like anyone else and he'll probably try to be controversial to keep up with the jones's on FC.
    I picked up the sillyness in the continued use of 'crapness'. I agree with all that.

Wasn't just directed at you
    Sorry about the rolleyes, I was half expecting someone to brand me a disloyal Richmond fan for questioning SmorgOn , so I was a bit sensitive to being labelled disrespectful.

Post Thanks / Like

BWAH!

I'd take the successful Smorgon over pretty boy James "the man who signed the death warrant because he used his heart not his brains" Brayshaw every time.
    I endorse your comments 100%

especially
    SCOTT WELSH
    now that would be really nice
    May we wish him and his team mates all the best for the season
    and stuff the Shin Boners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carnascray View Post
    Can someone tell us what the membership increase has been since smorgo became president? Can Archer?
    Has Archer read the WB annual report to see how much it takes to run the club? And where it comes from.
    If anyone has gripes about smorgo, can you please tell us who can do a better job?
    We all want to see a premiership (most of us for the first time), but more importantly we want a club with a future in the comp.
    I don't think anyone is down on Smorgo or is disappointed with the job that he and Cam Rose have done of geting this club up off it's knees financially, everyone also understands what a difficult time he's had personally over the last year. Our membership has risen exponentially and our future in the comp is much more secure than it was even a couple of years ago, however that doesn't totally excuse him from some of his behaviour at the end of last year. He essentially had a go at the football department for not pulling it's weight in the press and I don't think this was to anyone's benefit. In hindsight I think it not only pissed off the coach but probably raised the level of hysteria among some supporters (see BF). Smorgo has been a fantastic president and possibly saved this club but that doesn't make him immune from criticism at any time.
    Oh and welcome to WOOF.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me