Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Moment of the First Half of 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    The crowd's roar when we cleared the ball away from the West Coast danger zone, the ball sat up beautifully for Bruce, and then we saw Bont alone in the forward line was pretty special. To be at last part of the crowd again and to have seen our team withstand an opponent like West Coast with all their big forwards fit and firing, was magic.
    The final four minutes:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The final four minutes:

Wow. What an electric atmosphere Already seems a long time ago, with the Bromance Buddies so important, and wasn't Libba absolutely epic in the clinches.

I don't feel Bailey Williams has come back at quite the high standard of that match, he was extraordinary in that last vital contest that led to Bont's goal.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

The Bontempelli set shot against West Coast.

A guy having the yips might look to give the shot off or play the percentages with a kick tot he top of the square. Bontempelli said "screw that" and despite some misses in the past two years took the responsibility himself to seal the game.

In general, Naughton's contested marking and Treloar's running goals after being told for months he can't kick.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The final four minutes:

Great quote from Ross Lyon as Bont is having the shot for the sealer "every day of the week, the skipper" I love how he sits back and waits for the peanut gallery to finish speculating about Bont's chances and then backs him in as the ball hits his foot. Terrific commentating.

And Bailey Williams so cool in the 3 on 1 contest he found himself in. Good of Duryea not to get sucked into the contest and have the confidence to back his young teammate too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Great quote from Ross Lyon as Bont is having the shot for the sealer "every day of the week, the skipper" I love how he sits back and waits for the peanut gallery to finish speculating about Bont's chances and then backs him in as the ball hits his foot. Terrific commentating.

And Bailey Williams so cool in the 3 on 1 contest he found himself in. Good of Duryea not to get sucked into the contest and have the confidence to back his young teammate too.
    Consider also, at the same time last year Josh Bruce probably doesn't have the tank to get on the end of Bailey Smith's kick, let alone chisel it onto his captain's chest.

9. Likes Mofra, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did enjoy Treloar's first kick.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Saints by 100+

How I longed, nay yearned as the parched land for summer's rain for such a day to arrive.

Absolute bliss.
    Agree. How far we have come and how far they have fallen since the Elimination Final.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

That really was good commentating. Lyon was also the first to talk about how good the kick from Macrae was to Naughty

13. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The final four minutes:

It's only been 2 weeks without Treloar but how much better do we look with him and Dunkley in the side?

Post Thanks / Like

Vandermeers goal in that West Coast game was awesome, probably my favourite moment so far.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right