Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is our biggest test since October 2016

I'm OK with a loss this week as long as we win the rest of our matches. Wood, Dunks, VDM back in two weeks will set us up for a push nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We were one good last minute from fully passing that test. But the change of fixture has me thinking it again.

Beat Melbourne. Go to top of the ladder.

With games vs 16th & 17th, plus an average playing Essendon & Port who should’ve been beaten by a poor St Kilda on the weekend. Get in front of the rest, stay in front of the rest.

Beat Melbourne and if we win four winnable games (3 and possibly all 4 in Victoria if Tassie knock the Hawks game back). 1st time minor premiers and 100% lock in a home final. Send a message back to the Dees and other finalists. Get Port or Brisbane in week one.

Lose, and hopefully it’s a matter of fighting with Geelong which makes no real difference.

Huge test. Huge reward on offer. Chance to redeem the previous poor loss. As big as it gets.
    Yep, it's time we make a statement.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm OK with a loss this week as long as we win the rest of our matches. Wood, Dunks, VDM back in two weeks will set us up for a push nicely.
    Pretty much rules out the minor premiership (6 points behind the Dees). This group should have a red hot crack at finally achieving it. A win puts us in a very strong position for that and securing the home final. This is a special group. I’d love for them to deliver something no other side has, while setting us up for finals. I’d love to put some demons in the Dees players heads too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Pretty much rules out the minor premiership (6 points behind the Dees). This group should have a red hot crack at finally achieving it. A win puts us in a very strong position for that and securing the home final. This is a special group. I’d love for them to deliver something no other side has, while setting us up for finals. I’d love to put some demons in the Dees players heads too.
    Yeah 100%. I think I'm just accepting of a loss now and I'll be OK with it as the alternative will still be pretty good (unless we lose copious amounts of % which seems unlikely).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty resigned to a loss this week and I have no idea why.

Dunkley missing this game, fmd!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm pretty resigned to a loss this week and I have no idea why.

Dunkley missing this game, fmd!
    Dunks missing, English main ruck against Gawn, the lever/May factor (with Naughton in we will just bomb like we did against GC), no crowd.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Dunks missing, English main ruck against Gawn, the lever/May factor (with Naughton in we will just bomb like we did against GC), no crowd.
    I'm hopeful that Bevo has learnt from the earlier loss along with observing what the Hawks and GWS have done in recent times. If we lose in the same way I'll be ropeable.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm hopeful that Bevo has learnt from the earlier loss along with observing what the Hawks and GWS have done in recent times. If we lose in the same way I'll be ropeable.
    No Harmes last week, I expect he goes to Libba. Was he injured or dropped?

Edit : He had an ear infection probably be back.

Post Thanks / Like

No Harmes last week, I expect he goes to Libba. Was he injured or dropped?

Edit : He had an ear infection probably be back.
    Yep, that's pretty much as bad as it gets for the Demons this year. Never seen a team get such a dream run.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's pretty much as bad as it gets for the Demons this year. Never seen a team get such a dream run.
    Of all the games to lose Dunks with their hard tag on Libba. I need to move on ha.

Post Thanks / Like

Of all the games to lose Dunks with their hard tag on Libba. I need to move on ha.
    To make it worse, we should have actually been playing them after their slog in the NT.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok what works in our favour and not in theirs? I’m yet to see anything go against them this year and it’s continuing.

Post Thanks / Like

To make it worse, we should have actually been playing them after their slog in the NT.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the odds we lose, finish third and have to play Geelong at their shit heap first week of finals?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

This is just the kind of game we would win in years gone by-backs against the wall, injuries to key players…..

A statement game. Can imagine Bevo revving up the boys. We might just pull it off. We are not in red hot form but neither are the Dees.