Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is our biggest test since October 2016

I agree with mort here. Huge game and the key take out will be, does our game stand up and do the coaches and posher group believe in it. A loss will start to have the little man on the shoulder start whispering in the ears of the boys.

A win and we are set with full momentum rolling into the back end of the season.

I still think we will get over them but it’s gonna take a 4 quarter grind to get them. It won’t come easy
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Against Melb we were missing AT, Dunks and Martin.
    Against Rich we were missing English and Dunks.

We haven’t been “full strength” much at all this season. That’s the nature of the beast. Few teams ever are full strength. Injury luck will have a fair say in the season as it always does.
    Wood, Hannan & Gardner also missed against Melb.

As mentioned you're likely to never have your best 22 on the park given the nature of the game, but we've had to chop & change more than the other challengers as per the amount of players we've played this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Cats have a full list to choose from really wishing we had one of Treloar or Dunks to throw in there, but we don’t.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Does having Dunkley and Trelaor back in the future really account for how we show up? I know it's an intangible to an extent, but does a poor showing get excused because we we're undermanned?
    Of course not but it makes it that much tougher to win. They’re at full strength and we are missing two top 10 players. It’s harder. Agree that the effort needs to be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Of course not but it makes it that much tougher to win. They’re at full strength and we are missing two top 10 players. It’s harder. Agree that the effort needs to be there.

Which is why this could be a season defining win, should we pull it off.
    I am really confident our energy will be right this time without a crowd.
    As to whether we're good enough, time will tell.
    Should we win, I suspect this could be similar in effect to our win against Sydney in 2015. It would send belief amongst the group through the roof that we're capable of beating the top teams.

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geel at full strength and at home is pretty much going to be our biggest test this year. A shocking record down there, and the addition of Cameron makes them even harder. The fact we have Dunks and Treloar out is massive bad luck, and they both would thrive on this match.

As much as the mids get a say in the result, the fwds will have a massive say as well. If we expect to just bomb it in and Naughton, Bruce and English to pluck them, it most likely won’t happen against Stewart and Co, however if Geel play a similar style, I’m not that hopeful that Cordy and Gardner in particular will be able to nullify Geel’s fwds.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with everybody here. Biggest game of the season coming up, gotta pinch this one.

Question is, now that 7000 fans are allowed to attend, does that help or hinder us? I've started to notice that this team is thriving on the negative energy given by oppo' fans, you could see it vs Port and vs Freo, so maybe having fans no matter what the skew of Dogs/Cats fans are, is a good thing.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Agree with everybody here. Biggest game of the season coming up, gotta pinch this one.

Question is, now that 7000 fans are allowed to attend, does that help or hinder us? I've started to notice that this team is thriving on the negative energy given by oppo' fans, you could see it vs Port and vs Freo, so maybe having fans no matter what the skew of Dogs/Cats fans are, is a good thing.
    I think it’ll be fine. Just enough fan noise to provide some energy and spark to the atmosphere, not enough to intimidate umpires into making home town decisions all night.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

One thing's for sure. Cody will thrive on the fans' energy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    One thing's for sure. Cody will thrive on the fans' energy.
    Send Cody to the backline to stir up Cameron just for fun I say!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope it's a tight, contested finals like game so that Cameron and Rohan can generate 3 kicks between them.
    W00F!

14. Likes bulldogtragic, jeemak, DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Let's hope it's a tight, contested finals like game so that Cameron and Rohan can generate 3 kicks between them.
    Happy for a contested finals like game, but prefer it to be not to tight.

Lets come up firing and put them away.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think it’ll be fine. Just enough fan noise to provide some energy and spark to the atmosphere, not enough to intimidate umpires into making home town decisions all night.
    Agree. Jacko said the other night he was happy with the supporters being there. Commented how sterile it is with no crowd...or words to that effect. Mentioned Melbourne's game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Send Cody to the backline to stir up Cameron just for fun I say!
    You made me realise JJ owes Cameron a long lay off with a busted clavical.

18. Likes bornadog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We were one good last minute from fully passing that test. But the change of fixture has me thinking it again.

Beat Melbourne. Go to top of the ladder.

With games vs 16th & 17th, plus an average playing Essendon & Port who should’ve been beaten by a poor St Kilda on the weekend. Get in front of the rest, stay in front of the rest.

Beat Melbourne and if we win four winnable games (3 and possibly all 4 in Victoria if Tassie knock the Hawks game back). 1st time minor premiers and 100% lock in a home final. Send a message back to the Dees and other finalists. Get Port or Brisbane in week one.

Lose, and hopefully it’s a matter of fighting with Geelong which makes no real difference.

Huge test. Huge reward on offer. Chance to redeem the previous poor loss. As big as it gets.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023