Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to Lachie Hunter on 150 Games

Lachie to play 150 this Friday. What a champ and one of our top 5 important players.
    A Charlie Sutton winner and premiership player and son of Mark Hunter, Lachie I think is one of the best wingers in the AFL.

Last edited by bornadog; 17-06-2021 at 05:10 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes SonofScray, WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations to Lachie Hunter on 150 Games

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks The bulldog tragician, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot how long Lachie’s been round. Played alongside Griff8n, Hargrave, Cross & co.

I feel early on many including me didn’t think he’d make it. Smallish, not fast, and seemed selfish (like what we’ve doubted with Rhylee). He’s worked so hard to become a more complete and ultra fit player, is a leader on the field, and is now quite indispensable. Great stuff Lachie!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

He deserves immense credit for changing nearly everything about his play style in order to make it. From a flighty half forward far too reliant on the occasional high mark and an otherwise limited trick bag, to an overwhelming outside presence involved in pretty much every possession chain we've had for about 6-7 seasons.

He's just about the hardest working player in the whole league and should be held up as an example to any young player struggling coming to grips with every other player around them also being a huge gun.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He deserves immense credit for changing nearly everything about his play style in order to make it. From a flighty half forward far too reliant on the occasional high mark and an otherwise limited trick bag, to an overwhelming outside presence involved in pretty much every possession chain we've had for about 6-7 seasons.

He's just about the hardest working player in the whole league and should be held up as an example to any young player struggling coming to grips with every other player around them also being a huge gun.
    Blows my mind that a bloke with the physique of a 30+ accountant can run 14-15km+ every game without too much effort. A genuine genetic freak in terms of running ability.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2021 season - best career form now?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Big congrats to Lachie, one of the 'heart and soul' players of the club, hope we see him for another 150.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Lachie on 150 games. One of our most hard working players in our side. A huge part of the engine room through the middle.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Other midfielders have said he's the most important player in our side, given the way he's a virtual on-field coach for us.
    A freak runner too
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I forgot how long Lachie’s been round. Played alongside Griff8n, Hargrave, Cross & co.

I feel early on many including me didn’t think he’d make it. Smallish, not fast, and seemed selfish (like what we’ve doubted with Rhylee). He’s worked so hard to become a more complete and ultra fit player, is a leader on the field, and is now quite indispensable. Great stuff Lachie!
    Hmmm, now that you mention it, Rhylee is quite similar to Lachie in build. Does anyone know if Rhylee has a tank anywhere near that of Lachie's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    True although he just missed Shaggy who retired in 2012, the year Lachie was drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Probably hard to surpass 2016 and 2018 from an individual point of view. Averaged over 27 possessions and picked up 13 Brownlow votes in a premiership year and won the B&F in 2018.

Seems to be playing a more team orientated role now to the detriment of individual stats.

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Hmmm, now that you mention it, Rhylee is quite similar to Lachie in build. Does anyone know if Rhylee has a tank anywhere near that of Lachie's?
    I doubt anyone at the club has a tank anywhere near Lachie's. He is a certified freak.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Interesting question. Or are we as supporters finally catching up to just how good he is and has been in hindsight?

I'm not sure our entire supporter base is sold on just how vital Hunter is to our set up.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

20. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Interesting question. Or are we as supporters finally catching up to just how good he is and has been in hindsight?

I'm not sure our entire supporter base is sold on just how vital Hunter is to our set up.
    Won B&F in 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the way he plays. He's maddening, but you just have to accept that and at least it's entertaining.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.