Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 Player Movement

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Tarryn Thomas is the one I’d grab.
    So smooth.

North have a pretty solid young group. Larkey is as good a key forward as you can find outside of the top ten draft picks. Thomas will be a star. Simpkin is a good not elite mid. LDU is a good powerful mid. Powell looks good. JHF obviously has huge wraps. Curtis Taylor has shown good signs as well.

They definitely got into an awkward position with their topping up strategy but I don't think the clean out has been that bad and my impression is that they are more focused on trying to make progress with this group and win games than the Melbourne approach of just languishing at the bottom for ages and collecting top picks.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    So smooth.

North have a pretty solid young group. Larkey is as good a key forward as you can find outside of the top ten draft picks. Thomas will be a star. Simpkin is a good not elite mid. LDU is a good powerful mid. Powell looks good. JHF obviously has huge wraps. Curtis Taylor has shown good signs as well.

They definitely got into an awkward position with their topping up strategy but I don't think the clean out has been that bad and my impression is that they are more focused on trying to make progress with this group and win games than the Melbourne approach of just languishing at the bottom for ages and collecting top picks.
    McKay at CHB is one we've asked about a few times.
    Xerri seems to have come on well and CCJ looks a handy 2nd ruck type. Comben has shown signs as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    With the top up rules isn't that redundant?
    I don't follow. What have the new Covid rules got to do with Lynch's salary and the soft cap?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't follow. What have the new Covid rules got to do with Lynch's salary and the soft cap?
    It was a question from me I don't understand all the ramifications.

Post Thanks / Like

King has extended with the Suns until the end of 2024.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/717125/s...old-coast-deal

Post Thanks / Like

It was a question from me I don't understand all the ramifications.
    Port did the same previously with Goldsack. Lynch is a coach, but they have rookie listed him so that his salary (or at least part of it) is not included in the clubs football department soft cap. Added bonus is he can play in the VFL (and AFL if desperate) to help their kids on the field. Nothing to to with the new covid player replacement rules.

7. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Port did the same previously with Goldsack. Lynch is a coach, but they have rookie listed him so that his salary (or at least part of it) is not included in the clubs football department soft cap. Added bonus is he can play in the VFL (and AFL if desperate) to help their kids on the field. Nothing to to with the new covid player replacement rules.
    Harbrow last year at the Suns wasn't dissimilar. He was very good for them over their journey.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Is it not a loophole the AFL would want to close? If we did it I’d suspect it would be the first item on the agenda at the next AFL execs meeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it not a loophole the AFL would want to close? If we did it I’d suspect it would be the first item on the agenda at the next AFL execs meeting.
    If there was a $10m player salary cap and $5m coach salary cap and they were suddenly combined, how much you reckon clubs would spend on coaches?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff