Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  70
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 16 Vs North Melbourne 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Whilst I agree with you, I think the horses for course mantra will see him come back in to play on the smaller forwards of North.
    I am making it a habit to listen to Bevo's main presser. Makes selections seem less random. Last week he mentioned going taller to get ready for what lies ahead. We went the 3 talls vs a smaller Freo line up but he was happy to sacrifice that for upside for the rest of the season.

2. Likes Scraggers, dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I agree with you, I think the horses for course mantra will see him come back in to play on the smaller forwards of North.
    I'd be happy for Young or Cordy to play ''small'' as opposed to Crozier who has struggled as a small defender and isn't providing the aerial presence that was once a key feature of his game... the sloppy ball use and unsure hands isn't helping either.

4. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'd be happy for Young or Cordy to play ''small'' as opposed to Crozier who has struggled as a small defender and isn't providing the aerial presence that was once a key feature of his game... the sloppy ball use and unsure hands isn't helping either.
    Given our selection track record this year though, do you think Young gets a game?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Given our selection track record this year though, do you think Young gets a game?
    I think our selection has been much more consistent than in previous years and if we are true to ourselves then Young should come in as a like for like. His form has also been pretty solid too for Footscray with the game review reports from the VFL & development coaches being complimentary with regard to effort & performance.

For our own benefit he needs a run of games to see if he has a long term role at the club or if he needs to fill a role later in the season if we have an injury to another key member of the defence.

7. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The only thing Crozier is doing well is finding/getting at the end of it but not sure he is worrying the opposition too much/maybe why. Hopefully we are still rocking in 12 weeks, so plenty of time for him to turn it around.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a small sample size but Richards appears to have improved out of sight in aerial contests and in his one-on-one defending. He's taken Crozier's spot with both hands.

Crozier's ball use has dropped off so severely that Cordy is actually a preferable option by foot.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    North have Larkey and Xerri and could swing Josh Walker forward to try and stretch us. Zurhaar plays tall at times too. I don't think they're short in the F50 althogh of their tall forwards Larkey is the only one who could really get us. Xerri I like but is a developing ruck/forward and Zurhaar's one-wood is aggression, not ability.
    Neither Larkey or Xerri have been prodigious contested marks. Certainly not so much that they are going to get a hold of Keath and Cordy. Last time we played them Gardner got injured, so Easton Wood was our second tall - so I'm pretty confident we don't need to add height. Zurhaar is 189cms and doesn't play tall. Good luck to them if they want to push Walker forward. They have plenty on their plate already trying to handle Naughton and Bruce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    It's a small sample size but Richards appears to have improved out of sight in aerial contests and in his one-on-one defending. He's taken Crozier's spot with both hands.

Crozier's ball use has dropped off so severely that Cordy is actually a preferable option by foot.
    I have been hard on Richards before and did not want him in the side for stretches of last year but I could not agree more. His ability to get a hand on it aerially yesterday was big.

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richards is a huge upgrade on Crozier, imo. Rapt that he's fit and playing in his best position.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Richards is deceptively very strong, that contest 1-v-1 where he outmarked McGovern was seriously underrated.
    W00F!

15. Likes Testekill, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Richards is deceptively very strong, that contest 1-v-1 where he outmarked McGovern was seriously underrated.
    He's very clean at ground level which was killing me with Crozier and as you say, strong. A few times he shook the hips to break free and find an extra metre of space to move the ball on.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely don’t want to muck around with form and have no insight on how he is travelling but would think Libba will need a rest at some point. We have had a few decent breaks recently so maybe not now but at some point.

With Wood going down I think Young comes in for Gards. Not sure it’s the right move but we need to find out about him now if Gards is down for an extended period. Cupboard will be empty pretty quickly if we don’t manage our risk with this, needs exposure in case we have to parachute him in.

Post Thanks / Like

Out Gardner, Hannah
    In Schache, Crozier
    Sub Wally

We should definitely push North in the air up forward this week. They won’t be able to stop Bruce, Naughton, Schache and English.
    Schache has done everything asked of him at VFL level and could do well against North.

Crozier’s last much was actually OK and he plays our defensive defensive system better than any other option available, plus can intercept.

Wally has been better as a sub than he even showed in full games at Footscray. I’d keep him there as he is so desperate when he comes on.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t want to play Schache against North because there’s every chance he fills his boots and then we have to play him against a real side.

He’s had his chance. It’s his 6th season and his issues are only getting more pronounced. Why do we have to ruin a good thing by playing him ever again.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

21. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don’t want to play Schache against North because there’s every chance he fills his boots and then we have to play him against a real side.

He’s had his chance. It’s his 6th season and his issues are only getting more pronounced. Why do we have to ruin a good thing by playing him ever again.
    Lucky for him we don't actually play a real side for the next four weeks.