Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  70
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 16 Vs North Melbourne 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    In terms of our CHB woes I feel we'll try Young again at some stage because Cordy as our second tall is simply not a long-term option. And it's not a finals option. We all know he's going to get monstered at some stage and the consequences could be dire.
    I think pace is Cordy's biggest issue, not size. Oscar Allen kicked 2 quick goals from centre clearances leading Cordy to the ball which looked like it might get WCE back in the game. They weren't from wrestling contests

If Cordy isn't 2nd tall, then he's probably playing on someone even quicker where his lack of pace is even more exposed
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I have just realised no need to go with L+ Young with Lachie Young at North. Worth getting rid of him on that alone IMO.

Habit. Sorry. Young.
    Yes, you're definitely at fault here, and aza definitely isn't.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Lachie got dropped this week
    I wouldn't blame them if they didn't play him against us ever again given he basically became our nineteenth player on the field last they did.

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony Scott, just learning about him. Looking forward to seeing him play.

I remember the days or Rocket getting annoyed with media guys always running the theme of 'need a tall forward'

Now we have Giant, Bulldog army, with one sporting a flowing mullet, taking the mark of the week every week.
    Another hair stylist in Bruce, not far off leading the Coleman. Enjoyable to watch.

North always plays quite physically.
    Haven't seen them much this season but look forward to the game.
    With Covid biting, each week is a blessing to have AFL at the moment. Must be thousands of strings being pulled behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 02-07-2021 at 01:24 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Anthony Scott, just learning about him. Looking forward to seeing him play.
    Marra, Scott, Bruce, Naughton, English, and Darcy's son coming through.
    I Remember the days or Rocket getting annoyed with media guys always running the theme of 'need a tall forward'
    "Well, we don't have one".
    Now we have Giant, Bulldog army, with one sporting a flowing mullet, taking the mark of the week every week.
    Another hair stylist in Bruce, not far off leading the Coleman. Enjoyable to watch.

North always plays quite physically.
    Haven't seen them much this season but look forward to the game.
    Each week is a blessing to have AFL at the moment. Must be thousands of strings being pulled behind the scenes.
    Well you've missed a lot of commentary about Cam Zurhaar being a big unit, a big barrel chested unit.....but not a lot about whether he's any good at football (which he kinda is).

Just hope to avoid the above hyperbole we don't get Brayshaw commentating on the game, because he has an unusual fascination with the size of men who play footy and given North are shit and he's a massive boner boy for North that's all you'll hear about because that's all they have.

7. Likes Ghost Dog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well you've missed a lot of commentary about Cam Zurhaar being a big unit, a big barrel chested unit.....but not a lot about whether he's any good at football (which he kinda is).

Just hope to avoid the above hyperbole we don't get Brayshaw commentating on the game, because he has an unusual fascination with the size of men who play footy and given North are shit and he's a massive boner boy for North that's all you'll hear about because that's all they have.
    I miss Michael Firrito falling about. He was fun to watch. Like the chesty bonds man.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Looking to the future I believe Young and English would make an excellent ruck combination.
    Youngy has always surprised me how decent he is in the ruck when given the chance.

10. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yes, you're definitely at fault here, and aza definitely isn't.
    I thought it was best to apologise regardless who was at fault (clearly Rocco) to keep the peace.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I thought it was best to apologise regardless who was at fault (clearly Rocco) to keep the peace.
    Haha.

Jokes, aside, I legit keep calling him Lewy just because of the L.Young thing. Lachie is gone now. In/out Young it is.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss Michael Firrito falling about. He was fun to watch. Like the chesty bonds man.
    Daniel Pratt was the one for me....real pretend tough guy who couldn't play.

14. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love their faux tough man stuff, especially when it’s tried on Barry Hall. That still makes me giggle. I wonder at what point complete regret was setting in. Upright or on the ground, or when his teammates showed disinterest in helping him.

Or when they targeted Cloke at his most vulnerable and there were no consequences. The rib injury arguably ended his career short.

Seems to be there tough man MO. Hit them when they can’t hit you back, like I presume Toby Green has tattooed across his chest. They seemed genuinely shocked when Bruce kicked his 10th and Libba face to face took on four of them.

Imagine if the shinboner spirit entailed skill and winning games and not cheap shots interpreted as toughness.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That game in 2015(?) where Firitto tried to rough up Bont and Bont straight up laughed at him was probably my favourite Dogs game ever before 2016.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes bulldogtragic, Ghost Dog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They're really strange with the way they carry on.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYKC__RH3Gg Back memory lane

Lucky Sumich V Danny Southern wasn't repeated...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Daniel Pratt was the one for me....real pretend tough guy who couldn't play.
    That day with Barry my most vivid memory is when he went to the bench just after the main altercation.

He ran with his arms up, basically indicating he was not going to do anything.

I remember the Norf players approaching him as he made his way off and his elbows just happened to be at head height. I think Pratt may have been one of the unlucky ones that unfortunately intersected the totally innocent path of Barry's uncocked guns.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 02-07-2021 at 03:01 PM.