Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Doc Duryea - 150 AFL Games

Two times premiership player with the Hawks and now in his 3rd season with the Bulldogs.

Doc really controls the backline and has been fantastic this season will play his 150th game (32nd for Dogs) this Sunday v North.

Congratulations Doc.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Max469, WBFC4FFC, Eastdog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations Doc Duryea - 150 AFL Games

He's been extremely important for us this season, been the general down back and has been great both as a stopper and on the rebound.

Post Thanks / Like

I was a fan of his recruitment and feel vindicated by his form for pretty much his entire time at the club, it's just unfortunate he's had some major setbacks with injury in the previous 2 years.

He has been brilliant this season, probably top 10 in our B&F or thereabouts.

He was undersold as an outside HBFer, what he really is, is a courageous lockdown defender who competes very well in the air and on the ground and can also get involved in rebound.

Congrats Doc, hope you add another (few) Premierships to your name!
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I was unenthusiastic when we got him as a cash converters trade. But I’m his biggest fan now. I’d take him easily in front of Croz and just ahead of Wood. The Neanderthals in footy media will never see a guy like him as important to defence, but he’s getting better like a fine red wine. If he can keep this level going, no reason he won’t get to 200 games.

When he’s pulled our jumper on we are 22 wins, 9 losses. 5 of the losses were 14 points or less, with 3 of the losses by under a goal. Handy record when he’s playing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Testekill, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can also attest to having been underwhelmed by his recruitment - and then happily surprised by how good he has been. Big fan of Doc these days - and undoubtedly organises us along with Keath in the back half. The Doc and the Chief have been great additions.

Congrats to him on 150 games - I'd have thought he'd played more given he's 30 - but the style that he plays, there's no reason he couldn't be with us through to 200 games. Handy resume if he wins a premiership (or 2!) with us.

8. Likes Testekill, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This team’s iteration of M Boyd at half back. But better defensively in the air. Super important leader and organiser in that back six. He is a far different player to what I thought we were getting.

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He has been a fantastic recruit, with age he just gets better and better. This is a testament to his resolve, and playing within his game. What I like is that his playing his best footy with us, really matured well and is such an important player in our back line.

He has that cold steely stare, you know his concentrating with every inch and second of the game. Just a die hard player who will do everything for the team, leave nothing spent. Rarely throws stupid free kicks and his always close to his opponent. He can hurt on the rebound and runs all day.

Well done on getting to 150 which is a fantastic effort to achieve ( especially with the 2 premierships) , and hoping he has 50 more to get to the great 200 games. That would be a great career ( as statistically few players get to 200 games)

As a senior player, he will be really developing that back line of young players.
    Last edited by macca; 29-06-2021 at 01:12 AM.

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great posts by all - pretty much sums up how important Doc is. A great leader in the back line.

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love him.

Can anyone tell me why he is called 'Doc'?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Having a great year for us. Been very solid. Congrats on 150 games Doc!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Love him.

Can anyone tell me why he is called 'Doc'?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's worked into the season really well, and I'm starting to take the blinkers off and appreciate his clear value to the back six/ team.

Excellent recruit.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Taylor on his 150th game this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Been a great recruit. So competitive with ability to often keep his feet (an attribute I really think separates good and ave players), excellent follow up defensive efforts and good disposal. A great example to our other backs. Congrats Doc, and good to now know why you have that moniker.

Hoping he wins a few more premiership medals with us in next few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I have been waiting for a great 90’s west coast rap reference since Snoop tweeted up the Western Snoop Dogs photo a few years ago. We really need to up our game on this front.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023