Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  70
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 16 Vs North Melbourne 2021

It wouldn't surprise me if, over the next 3 or 4 weeks, we look to "manage" about 6-8 players. The team hasn't had the week off, and you can imagine that a week off wouldn't be the worst thing for Keath, Bont, Libba, McRae, Hunter, Smith etc... blokes who have played a lot so far this year and are definite best 22.

2. Likes Insufficient Intent liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if, over the next 3 or 4 weeks, we look to "manage" about 6-8 players. The team hasn't had the week off, and you can imagine that a week off wouldn't be the worst thing for Keath, Bont, Libba, McRae, Hunter, Smith etc... blokes who have played a lot so far this year and are definite best 22.
    I get what you mean, but we did have a bye 2 weeks ago.

4. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I get what you mean, but we did have a bye 2 weeks ago.
    There should also be the pre-finals week off as well. That's without considering potential covid interruptions.

I don't think we will be resting players unless there is a specific reason to do so. We can also manage game time to lighten the load on players - eg against West Coast Libba clocked 74% TOG (averages 78%).

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rest Libba if we play the Suns in Vic. He just does so much heavy lifting.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance we tag Cunnington this week?

He destroyed the Suns last week and I don't want North hanging around within striking distance - I want our foot on their throat from the first bounce and the game out of reach by half-time.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

8. Likes bornadog, DOG GOD, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

He destroyed the Suns last week and I don't want North hanging around within striking distance - I want our foot on their throat from the first bounce and the game out of reach by half-time.
    I don't think we'd start with one, not really Bevo's MO. The Goldy/Cunnington combo is pretty potent though, we won't have it all our own way inside.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Think it's between Buku and Young to take Gardners spot. Against norf i'd go Buku for that third tall with some mobility and playmaking.
    Can he run out a game at AFL level yet?
    In his appearance a few weeks ago he spent most of the last quarter on the bench.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

More I think about it if Bevo still wants 3 talls in the backline going into the finals we have to play Young. And keep playing him to show him we have faith in his ability and build his confidence up.

12. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don't think we'd start with one, not really Bevo's MO. The Goldy/Cunnington combo is pretty potent though, we won't have it all our own way inside.
    Cunnington has a habit of beating up on inferior midfields, but he's still a very good player. I wonder if we'll assign Toby a role on him?

14. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Can he run out a game at AFL level yet?
    In his appearance a few weeks ago he spent most of the last quarter on the bench.
    Was that a lack of fitness or that in a tight game they didn't want to expose him?

It was a bit of an odd decision at the time in my opinion. We did a similar thing with Will Hayes last year when he had a average game, don't think he's played since.

Not that i'm underating North but i think it would be good to try him this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Have we ever tag him before ? I don’t remember that we have. I’m expecting him to get his 30, but I think we need to put some work into him. Maybe Bevo just doesn’t rate either him or their midfield to not go head to head.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Was that a lack of fitness or that in a tight game they didn't want to expose him?

It was a bit of an odd decision at the time in my opinion. We did a similar thing with Will Hayes last year when he had a average game, don't think he's played since.

Not that i'm underating North but i think it would be good to try him this week.
    That was the West Coast game in Brisbane. Hayes made a dreadful error with his attack on the ball that allowed an easy WC possession. Pretty sure it cost a goal.

Bevo dragged him and he has never graced the playing service during a senior game since. It was a real surprise we kept him on the list.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Have we ever tag him before ? I don’t remember that we have. I’m expecting him to get his 30, but I think we need to put some work into him. Maybe Bevo just doesn’t rate either him or their midfield to not go head to head.
    Cunnington is a brute though so the two most obvious players - McLean or Libba - aren't entirely suitable.
    I'll go with McLean anyway since he can run off him and McLean went to Danger against Geelong. Danger's also a big boy.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Squad
    Sweet, Schache, Lippa Young

out: Gardy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Squad
    Sweet, Schache, Lippa Young

out: Gardy
    Young for Gardner seems a no brainer.