Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  61
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 17 Vs Sydney Swans 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They have Buddy, Blakey, and Amarty all over 195cm.

Having said that, does Young go forward, and Crozier comes in and plays tall? I don't actually like that option, but you never know.
    As soon as Naughton got injured, young found himself forward. I reckon Bevo was giving him some time knowing Naughton would be out this week. And, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Crozier come in, and get Williams to play tall.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    As soon as Naughton got injured, young found himself forward. I reckon Bevo was giving him some time knowing Naughton would be out this week. And, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Crozier come in, and get Williams to play tall.
    I don't think we need to bring in Crozier even if Young plays forward and Williams tall.

Keath, Cordy, Williams and Duryea can play on the Sydney dangerous forwards.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I think the Young shift was just an in game reactionary move to give us some height up forward. With a couple of natural forwards to pick from in the VFL team I'd hope we would use one of those in their natural role and shift Young back to defence. Would like to see him on Amartey with Cordy on Heeney or Hayward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think the Young shift was just an in game reactionary move to give us some height up forward. With a couple of natural forwards to pick from in the VFL team I'd hope we would use one of those in their natural role and shift Young back to defence. Would like to see him on Amartey with Cordy on Heeney or Hayward.
    You’re probably right. Young on Amartey sounds like a good match. I’d be a little worried with Cordy on Heeney. Wouldn’t mind seeing Williams there, and Dale taking Hayward.
    Cordy on wicks? Duryea on papley ?

Dale on Hayward
    Young on Amartey
    Duryea on papley
    Williams on Hayward
    Keath on Franklin
    Cordy on wicks
    I will never see #16 the same!!

5. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I hope you posted this:

I never tire of seeing this photo and the unbridled joy on the faces of the supporters.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s time to unleash JUH. I believe he wasn’t ready, but also think the delivery from our kids without weather conditions will prove the difference. Leave Young in defence, bring in Ed Richards for Scott. Pat stays as Sub. Richards had a bit more versatility than Scott.

So in JUH and Richards
    Out Naughton and Scott.
    WOOF Member 422

8. Likes Danjul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I never tire of seeing this photo and the unbridled joy on the faces of the supporters.
    It's an amazing photo
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Upset with the goal review of JJs goal are they? Or that Rohan didn’t show up? Or Tippett got the day wrong and turned up Sunday? Or they couldn’t stop Tom Boyd?
    Its quite pathetic....the game goes another 5 minutes and we win by 50.....they were broken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I think itÂ’s time to unleash JUH. I believe he wasnÂ’t ready, but also think the delivery from our kids without weather conditions will prove the difference. Leave Young in defence, bring in Ed Richards for Scott. Pat stays as Sub. Richards had a bit more versatility than Scott.

So in JUH and Richards
    Out Naughton and Scott.
    when Sweet got beaten by Gawn, English and Bruce were still able to contribute 5 goals. Since both have been used as ruck they have contributed a total of 2 in a fortnight. Bruce showed the effects on Sunday by missing a sitter (from YoungÂ’s mark in Q4)

We need to have both English and Bruce doing what they do best. Dominant forwards and a losing ruck are preferable to having a losing ruck and ineffective forwards. Especially with the loss of Naughton.

We risk seeing a cascade of negatives if we donÂ’t restore what worked previously. Sweet should be selected against Swans.

12. Likes Dry Rot, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    when Sweet got beaten by Gawn, English and Bruce were still able to contribute 5 goals. Since both have been used as ruck they have contributed a total of 2 in a fortnight. Bruce showed the effects on Sunday by missing a sitter (from YoungÂ’s mark in Q4)

We need to have both English and Bruce doing what they do best. Dominant forwards and a losing ruck are preferable to having a losing ruck and ineffective forwards. Especially with the loss of Naughton.

We risk seeing a cascade of negatives if we donÂ’t restore what worked previously. Sweet should be selected against Swans.
    Bruce participated in 1 centre bounce and a total of 2 ruck contests for the entire game, can't blame that for him missing a goal.

I couldn't care less who kicks the goals, I hope we design a game plan to win, not ensure our key forwards kick goals.

I'm not against Sweet coming in this week but it's not as straightforward as you suggest, there are a few potentially viable options.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bruce participated in 1 centre bounce and a total of 2 ruck contests for the entire game, can't blame that for him missing a goal.

I couldn't care less who kicks the goals, I hope we design a game plan to win, not ensure our key forwards kick goals.

I'm not against Sweet coming in this week but it's not as straightforward as you suggest, there are a few potentially viable options.
    Yeah, I've bashed our solo ruck strategy as much as anyone but it's a stretch to blame it on Brucey's average game on the weekend.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, I've bashed our solo ruck strategy as much as anyone but it's a stretch to blame it on Brucey's average game on the weekend.
    Totally. Lewy took pretty much all of that burden. He had to play back, ruck and forward. I was impressed with his ability to adapt. Not easy for anyone, let alone someone in his first game back in.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet is just not ready and showed that against Soup on the week end. However he needs more and more exposure so maybe this week is a good time?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sweet is just not ready and showed that against Soup on the week end. However he needs more and more exposure so maybe this week is a good time?
    I’d be more inclined to play Sweet against GC who may not have a recognised ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I’d be more inclined to play Sweet against GC who may not have a recognised ruckman.
    Hickey going really well too.