Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  61
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 17 Vs Sydney Swans 2021

Seriously though we could make some serious coin. Framed photo/lithograph of JUH holding the 22 next to Whitten Jr, Bevo & Bontempelli. All signed. Limited to 2200 hundred. I’d buy one right now, nice collectors piece.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan will make his AFL debut this week.

The number one pick in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft will line up for the Western Bulldogs in Sunday afternoon’s clash against the Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium.

Ugle-Hagan has had to bide his time at VFL level this season. The 19-year-old has kicked 13 goals in seven games for Footscray – including a five-goal haul in round two against the GWS Giants – in a state-league season interrupted by a COVID-19 shutdown.

But with Aaron Naughton ruled out this week due to injury, the door has opened for Luke Beveridge to blood the highly talented key forward.

Ugle-Hagan was the Bulldogs’ first number one draft pick since Adam Cooney (2003) and is only the second Indigenous player to be selected at number one, following Des Headland (1998).

As he made his way through the junior ranks, the 197-centimetre forward idolised Sydney superstar Lance Franklin, who he’ll share the field with on Sunday.

Ugle-Hagan has come through the Bulldogs’ Next Generation Academy. He hails from Framlingham – an Indigenous community near Warrnambool in south-west Victoria.

He is a product of the South Warrnambool FC, Scotch College and the Oakleigh Chargers.

He becomes the Bulldogs’ sixth debutant in 2021, joining Anthony Scott, Lachie McNeil, Jordon Sweet, Buku Khamis and Riley Garcia.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In JUH
    Out Naughton
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This could be the start of something big.

Post Thanks / Like

More bums on seats….Jamarra and Buddy. Media frenzy about to begin. Hope Club and his family can keep Jamarra grounded in lead up. I think they will. Let the fireworks begin. Should be exciting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    More bums on seats….Jamarra and Buddy. Media frenzy about to begin. Hope Club and his family can keep Jamarra grounded in lead up. I think they will. Let the fireworks begin. Should be exciting.
    ??? Grounded???

You only get to debut ONCE! Crank up the hype machine and worry about being grounded in time for game #2!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to see how he goes. Hopefully he explodes to impress his idol at the other end. Bulldogs fans will be watching far and wide. All the best to the kid.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    ??? Grounded???

You only get to debut ONCE! Crank up the hype machine and worry about being grounded in time for game #2!
    Yeah, stuff tempering expectations - let the excitement overflow. It's good for the soul.
    W00F!

12. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These are about the most exciting things we can have happen. I hope we get every ounce of fun out of this. I’ve a spring in my step already. I can’t wait for Sunday.

14. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    These are about the most exciting things we can have happen. I hope we get every ounce of fun out of this. I’ve a spring in my step already. I can’t wait for Sunday.
    Do you get to games these days BT? Might be worth the trip this week
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you get to games these days BT? Might be worth the trip this week
    I’m living in regional NSW these days. Even though no cases right here, I think the rules make it unlikely. I’m sure everyone will have a blast. In an exciting year, this is a new height of excitement. When he kicks his first, the joint will erupt.

Post Thanks / Like

Has the #1 pick ever made their debut for the top team before? Somebody ask Sir Swamp :cool :

I guess early in the season it's more likely but I'd say by rd 17 it would be super rare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    ??? Grounded???

Yep.. we're on top of the ladder and have the most exciting kid in the system about to debut... bring on the hype!

And if you are going to debut.. easier to do it in in best team than in the worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Marra will be player number 41 for the season, only Hayes and Bedendo to go!

20. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post