Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  61
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 17 Vs Sydney Swans 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Marra will be player number 41 for the season, only Hayes and Bedendo to go!
    With only Bedendo not to play at the next level. Lonely club of one. But with 12 goals already, I think he will at some stage next year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    ??? Grounded???

You only get to debut ONCE! Crank up the hype machine and worry about being grounded in time for game #2!
    I deserve that riposte….correction: I hope he takes mark of the year & kicks 3+ goals on debut…

3. Likes bornadog, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I deserve that riposte….correction: I hope he takes mark of the year & kicks 3+ goals on debut…
    3 ? lets make it 5
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Josh Schache, Lachie McNeil, Hayden Crozier, Jordon Sweet, Ed Richards

Out: Aaron Naughton (concussion), Patrick Lipinski, Toby McLean
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

ROUND 17 SQUAD

Western Bulldogs v Sydney Swans

Sunday 11 June, 3.20pm

Marvel Stadium

B: Caleb Daniel, Alex Keath, Bailey Williams

HB: Taylor Duryea, Zaine Cordy, Bailey Dale

C: Mitch Hannan, Tom Liberatore, Bailey Smith

HF: Jason Johannisen, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Cody Weightman

F: Anthony Scott, Josh Bruce, Lachie Hunter

R: Tim English, Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli

Ext. int: Lewis Young, Mitch Wallis, Josh Schache, Lachie McNeil, Hayden Crozier, Riley Garcia, Jordon Sweet, Ed Richards
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Toby has had two ordinary weeks, so I am not surprised
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

For me:

Int: Young, Schache, Garcia, Richards
    Sub: Wallis
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see it as one of Young, Schache or Sweet; leaning towards Young there. So, 3 of the other 5 smaller players. Richards a lock for mine if healthy, which probably means no Crozier. Then two of Wallis, Garcia, McNeil. Tend to make minimal changes, so keep Wallis and Garcia.

Thus Int: Young, Richards, Wallis, Garcia. Sub: Crozier/McNeil.

12. Likes Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    I see it as one of Young, Schache or Sweet; leaning towards Young there. So, 3 of the other 5 smaller players. Richards a lock for mine if healthy, which probably means no Crozier. Then two of Wallis, Garcia, McNeil. Tend to make minimal changes, so keep Wallis and Garcia.

Thus Int: Young, Richards, Wallis, Garcia. Sub: Crozier/McNeil.
    Reckon you might be right. I'd prefer Wallis as sub personally but 3 late goals saves him I guess.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely want to see Lewy kept in the side. Had to play back, ruck and forward last week. I would like to see us persist with the 3 KPDs.

I'd actually also play Schache. Might make it easier for Marra. Also means we are less likely to need Bruce in the ruck and can keep English forward and/or Lewy back more.

I'd have Wally and Richards in. Rough on Garcia...happy if he plays.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet has to play for mine. Tim just not good enough as the number 1 last week & need him forward to take some pressure of JUH.

I would then go with Richards, Wallis & Garcia.

Post Thanks / Like

Rarely negative about selection but we look quite weak in some areas on paper. With Jamarra playing I am concerned it limits our ability to play English forward.

Will wait for final selections but I’m hoping we don’t get too creative and definitely not too tall. Pressure and defensive actions must be maintained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Rarely negative about selection but we look quite weak in some areas on paper. With Jamarra playing I am concerned it limits our ability to play English forward.

Will wait for final selections but I’m hoping we don’t get too creative and definitely not too tall. Pressure and defensive actions must be maintained.
    Wouldn’t mind seeing English & Young share the ruck duties with Tim taking most of the centre bounces and then Lewis doing the bulk of the around the ground work.

Post Thanks / Like

This week could be the 'weakest' side we've selected for the year. Shouldn't expect too much from JUH and Garcia, our rucks are light on and we're missing our best forward.

Next week should be our strongest side in a while with Dunkley and Naughts likely back.

Just need to find a way to win this and we'll be extremely well placed to come home with a wet sail.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Weak side against a strong team in Sydney. Hickey has been very good, their forward line has some genuine danger in it with Franklin, Papley and Heeney (plus Hayward as well), and their running defenders have been very important to them with their willingness to take on the game and attack through the corridor. Kennedy, Parker and Mills have had great seasons through the midfield.

Counter that with our strengths - a dominant midfield group of Bont, Libba, Macrae and co, elite half backs in Dale, Daniel and Williams, and JAMARRA.

I think this game, and the Sydney style of attacking the corridor with quick ball movement, will be a real challenge for our style. We are very dependent on winning the ball at stoppages (which won't be easy with Parker and Kennedy), and if we lose it using our rolling defensive zone to stifle movement and cause turnovers. If we can effectively shut down their run with good match ups and a consistent zone, then I think we win. If they are allowed to run and carry, then I think they win.