Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  165
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 19 Vs Melbourne 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I’m baffled. I get that we’re trying to avoid May and Lever mark everything. But with the wet what happens when the ball hits the deck.

Oh for a zippy half forward… I’d have much preferred McNeil in the team.

In Bevo we…are perennially puzzled.

Something about this match is filling me with foreboding. Not in great form, signs of fatigue, playing a top of the table match at the G with no crowd, several of our best unavailable, selection mysteries, and a match where we need to confirm we are in that same bracket as Melb and Geelong. Gee what could go wrong…
    Just the scenario for us to triumph and be the first Footscray team to finish on top.
    Bevo like me knows logic and that it has its limits. Intuition and the black arts are underrated.
    Come the moment come Schache.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt we've some holes in our overall list, in key defense and ruck. That's a hill we need to climb at season's end.
    For the here and now we've plenty of list management positives.
    I can't remember a season where a club has used all bar 2 players on their list, and has sat comfortably ensconsed in the top 2 this late into a season.
    For me, that speaks of complete buy in across the whole list. That's definitely a tactical plus.

Some massive belief being shown in Schache and Hannan by the MC.
    Irrespective of tomorrow night's result (short of a blow out), I think we're well positioned for September.
    Last edited by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot; 23-07-2021 at 11:31 PM.

3. Likes jeemak, josie, Ghost Dog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hannan should be a good fit for the doggies, but I think he is unfit and not able to impact the game the way he would expect. I don't understand what a week sitting in the stands will be done to change that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Hannan should be a good fit for the doggies, but I think he is unfit and not able to impact the game the way he would expect. I don't understand what a week sitting in the stands will be done to change that.
    We clearly targeted him. I've not been enamoured with what he's shown thus far. But I suspect his inclusion this week, given no additional exposed form since he was dropped, is based on a clearly defined role the MC have in store for him. Here's hoping he can repay the faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Could Schache's role be to go with Jackson, while English battles Gawn? It will likely mean that Josh has to play as a key back rotating through the ruck, while English can ensure Gawn doesn't get to sit in the hole by himself. Then Bryce/Naughton/JUH are responsible for May and Lever, in combination with our midfielders looking for short/leading options (easier said than done against the Melbourne defence).

7. Likes soupman, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So listening to the press conference we want to match them for height because we’re worried about that. Fair enough too.

Melbourne’s ability to apply pressure outside of the contest is second to none. They defend well, pressure hard, stop the switch and really choke sides to death. This leads to hurried kicks and no clarity of forward movement. If we can break more contests in the air, we will be able to defend the turnover a bit better or prevent it.

Really keen for this tonight. Tier 1 isolating at the moment - so some quality footy and miserable weather sounds pretty damn good.

9. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    So listening to the press conference we want to match them for height because we’re worried about that. Fair enough too.

Melbourne’s ability to apply pressure outside of the contest is second to none. They defend well, pressure hard, stop the switch and really choke sides to death. This leads to hurried kicks and no clarity of forward movement. If we can break more contests in the air, we will be able to defend the turnover a bit better or prevent it.

Really keen for this tonight. Tier 1 isolating at the moment - so some quality footy and miserable weather sounds pretty damn good.
    Coffee with Dunks?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Go_Dogs, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

May and Lever are not gods just descended from Mount Olympus, they like everyone else are gettable.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you test negative.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stay strong G_D!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wishing you well Go Dogs. Hope the team make us all happy tonight. Go Dogs!!

Hannan in a run with role to negate Oliver, or whoever tries to blanket Libba?

18. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So far no rain around the MCG, hope it holds out

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the radar, it’s raining heavily in Adelaide right now, the bottom of that band has crossed the border.

Will likely rain all through the game
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    According to the radar, it’s raining heavily in Adelaide right now, the bottom of that band has crossed the border.

Will likely rain all through the game
    Forecast is: 90% chance at 7pm, 50% at 8pm and 80% at 9pm.

You are right, not looking good. At the moment sun is out

Post Thanks / Like

Between the two Melbourne games, these are the differences:

OUT: IN:
    Hayden Crozier JUH
    Patrick Lipinski Richards
    Lachlan McNeil Schache
    Jordon Sweet Hannan
    Louis Butler Med Sub

Looking at the ins and outs, I think we are much stronger this time. Garcia didn't get much game time and was subbed out.

For Melbourne:

Out IN:
    Jake Melksham J Viney
    Sam Weideman B Brown
    Tom Sparrow Med Sub

Are Melbourne stronger? I don't believe so.