Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  165
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 19 Vs Adelaide Crows 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah it makes no sense.
    It is some A grade bulls**t is what it is...
    If it's truly a risk, then the entire Dogs and Gold Coast teams that took the field on the weekend should be stood down for quarantine as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Dunkley forced into home quarantine

Dunkley is complying with quarantine requirements and will be unavailable for this weekend’s Round 19 match, while the rest of the Bulldogs squad will continue their preparations as normal.
    Tom Morris is reporting that Toby Greene and Mills etc are able to have their 14 day quarantine back dated. I wonder if we are able to do the same with Dunkely considering the two negative tests so far and be back in time for round 20?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Tom Morris is reporting that Toby Greene and Mills etc are able to have their 14 day quarantine back dated. I wonder if we are able to do the same with Dunkely considering the two negative tests so far and be back in time for round 20?
    Seems somewhat implied by the "unavailable for Round 19" comment, but you've gotta question how this half pregnant approach is possibly meeting any sort of aim.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Dunkley forced into home quarantine

Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley has been directed by the Victorian Department of Health to undergo 14 days of home quarantine, after visiting a Tier 1 coronavirus exposure site last week.

Dunkley purchased a coffee from his local café on July 14, which was later declared an exposure site. He was contacted yesterday by the Department of Health, and his mandatory quarantine period begins from the day he attended the site.

Since July 14, Dunkley has received two separate negative coronavirus test results.

The entire Bulldogs travelling party also received a negative result during their trip to the Gold Coast, as part of the AFL’s testing regime.

Dunkley is complying with quarantine requirements and will be unavailable for this weekend’s Round 19 match, while the rest of the Bulldogs squad will continue their preparations as normal.
    Only saving grace he gets out just in time for the following game. I hope it was a great coffee. Full flavour, hot. Imagine getting 14 days for a watery warm coffee. Insult to injury.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

They won't do the bye because they like to have the games banked no matter the inequity.

There will have to be a tipping point though. Melbourne without Dunkley again would be a big advantage to the Demons considering the work they put into Liberatore last time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Dunks' 14 days is being backdated - goes back to the 14th of July I think. So takes him to the 28th.

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait until we get to Grand Final week and Libba misses because he was checking out the new arrivals at Savers during the week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it makes no sense.
    It actually does make sense. Exposure to a person who has been to a tier one doesn’t make you a tier one. That said, I think we will see our team in iso until negative test. I know a few people who’ve been in contact with those who had been a tier one. Doesn’t make them one.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait until we get to Grand Final week and Libba misses because he was checking out the new arrivals at Savers during the week.
    Lol. It kinda makes me live life thinking what if I visit an exposure site? I’m going to he library, theatre etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I’m going to he library, theatre etc.
    Traditionally, Bulldogs players were highly unlikely to be seen in either of those venues
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Likes bornadog, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It actually does make sense. Exposure to a person who has been to a tier one doesn’t make you a tier one. That said, I think we will see our team in iso until negative test. I know a few people who’ve been in contact with those who had been a tier one. Doesn’t make them one.
    He's been forced into isolation because he might be infectious. If he might be infectious, then all the players and staff he's interacted with in the last week also might be infectious. Yet they can all participate and he can't. That's what doesn't make sense.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's been forced into isolation because he might be infectious. If he might be infectious, then all the players and staff he's interacted with in the last week also might be infectious. Yet they can all participate and he can't. That's what doesn't make sense.
    Yep I hear you but it’s risk reduction rather than complete elimination. The others should be in tier two. Not sure if they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. It kinda makes me live life thinking what if I visit an exposure site? I’m going to he library, theatre etc.
    I have so far dodged the virus. Jolimont Station, Coles Richmond are tier one and I was there either the day after or different times.
    My wife's niece was hosting a few corporate events at AAMI Park and is now exposed to Tier 2, and came to our place the next day.

We are waiting to see how she has tested.

Don't understand if you test negative but you still have to isolate for 14 days? I would have thought 5 days would be enough for the virus to take hold.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have so far dodged the virus. Jolimont Station, Coles Richmond are tier one and I was there either the day after or different times.
    My wife's niece was hosting a few corporate events at AAMI Park and is now exposed to Tier 2, and came to our place the next day.

We are waiting to see how she has tested.

Don't understand if you test negative but you still have to isolate for 14 days? I would have thought 5 days would be enough for the virus to take hold.
    And if not, why do all the people you've interacted with get to keep living normally (or as normally as you can under these conditions).

Post Thanks / Like

And if not, why do all the people you've interacted with get to keep living normally (or as normally as you can under these conditions).
    We need a medico to explain this.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.