Likes Likes:  165
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 19 Vs Melbourne 2021

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Its on FB.
    So not true
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Where was that rumour from?
    Sorry Bad, headed out for dinner and just got back.
    Friend of mine passed it on from someone who he said works at the airport, also have seen it on FB.
    Still not giving it much credence, although as mentioned he did kiss his armband during the previous game.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

4. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know he hasn’t been knocking the door down at Footscray but do we consider Buku for Crozier. It would give us a bit more presents down back. We could then more Daniel back to defence then more Cordy to play as a defensive forward on one of the intersept markers. Play a small forward line under his feet to play the hard ball gets.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I am not sure what the current stats are, but up to (I think) Round 14 we had the meanest defense in the comp. Yep that defense included Crozier, Cordy and Gardner, all of whom seem to be constantly pilloried on this site. Maybe something has changed since those games. Perhaps its the backline, or more likely its the way the ball repeatedly comes so easily out of our forward 50, and rapidly transfers up the ground without pressure on the ball carriers.
    It's pretty clear that we are allowing much more clean ball into our D50 than earlier in the season as our pressure up the field has eased off, and to a man (bar Keath) our defenders are battling to defeat their opponents consistently in one on one contests.

Hopefully we can ramp up the pressure (which is a taxing style of play) as our defensive system in current state looks shaky at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 19 Vs Adelaide Crows 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It is some A grade bulls**t is what it is...
    If it's truly a risk, then the entire Dogs and Gold Coast teams that took the field on the weekend should be stood down for quarantine as well.
    Ok So I better understand the reasons why Dunkley is not allowed to play now, and I get it. It's all about the optics of the various state quarantine rules and state govts who are enforcing strict quarantine rules on regular citizens when they've been exposed to Tier 1 sites.
    So it's less about how infectious Dunks may be than it is about making sure State Govts aren't looking like their giving footballers travel exemptions over other citizens. So, fair enough, through that lens I can understand it. It sucks, but I get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Harmes a confirmed out for them does anyone know? Would be massive as didn't he blanket Libba our first time around?

I guess we'll find out when the list comes out today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Is Harmes a confirmed out for them does anyone know? Would be massive as didn't he blanket Libba our first time around?

I guess we'll find out when the list comes out today.
    Was just an ear infection so you'd assume he'll play and clamp down on Libba again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Sorry Bad, headed out for dinner and just got back.
    Friend of mine passed it on from someone who he said works at the airport, also have seen it on FB.
    Still not giving it much credence, although as mentioned he did kiss his armband during the previous game.
    Thanks for that. Hopefully he plays this week.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    So do I, hence the 'yuck'
    I thought the yuck was about his face.

13. Thanks Rocco Jones thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I had a look at the replay on the way the Hawks played Melbourne and I'm almost of the belief we need to go into the game with a very small forward line which would mean sending Naughton to the back line especially if there is a high chance of rain.

We should kick the ball low into the forward line in nearly every entry creating ground level contests negating May, Lever and Petty's strength of taking marks.

We won't do it mind you but before the finals I'd love to seem them tested like that.

FWIW, I'd consider Naughton and Keath minding the resting ruckman.
    Hawks also made sure there was one on one in their forward line too. Not letting Lever and May being one out at anytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dees defence, will they set up with May on Bruce, Petty on Naughton and try to orchestrate Lever on JUH? They would have a lot of confidence that Lever could not only beat/break even with JUH 1v1, but that he would be able to 'outsmart' him with his positioning and movement around the ground as well. It has the potential to be a dangerous matchup for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Harmes isn't even listed on their injury list now so will definitely be available. Their lack of injuries to any key players is literally insane.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Harmes isn't even listed on their injury list now so will definitely be available. Their lack of injuries to any key players is literally insane.
    Libba needs to do better.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking ahead, at least we’ll have a good feel for how they operate at full strength where as they’ll have lots of questions about our best set up in finals (assuming we get Adam, Wood, Martin and Dunks back for Sept).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Looking ahead, at least we’ll have a good feel for how they operate at full strength where as they’ll have lots of questions about our best set up in finals (assuming we get Adam, Wood, Martin and Dunks back for Sept).
    We are the underdogs. It is a free learning session for us so we can try a few things out.
    Reconnaissance mission for us.
    They with a healthy list us with an unsettled list with players to return before finals.