Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  165
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 19 Vs Melbourne 2021

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    We are the underdogs. It is a free learning session for us so we can try a few things out.
    Reconnaissance mission for us.
    They with a healthy list us with an unsettled list with players to return before finals.
    I expect us to win though.

I mean, if we keep May and Lever accountable, and hit up leads rather than bomb, we win.

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible ins/Outs from AFL.com.au

The Demons are hopeful that James Harmes will return, after battling an ear infection that kept him out of last week's draw with the Hawks. Aaron vandenBerg was his replacement and might have done enough to keep his spot in the side, having won 16 disposals. Tom Sparrow was an unused medical sub and might make way within the 23. Nathan Jones should be fit following a calf injury, but will probably make his way back through the VFL, while Harrison Petty is likely to be declared available after feeling his hamstring last Saturday night.

R18 medical sub: Tom Sparrow (unused)

Verdict: Harmes to return to the team, with Sparrow exiting the squad. – Riley Beveridge
    The Bulldogs will lose Josh Dunkley as he serves his mandatory quarantine for visiting a Tier 1 COVID-19 exposure site, but should regain Tom Liberatore from soreness as a handy replacement. Easton Wood could also be considered as he moves closer to a return from his ankle injury. Mitch Hannan and last week's unused medical substitute Anthony Scott could also be a chance, as will Lewis Young as the Dogs prepare to take on Melbourne in a top-of-the-ladder clash.

R18 medical sub: Anthony Scott (unused)

Verdict: Liberatore in for Dunkley. – Callum Twomey
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

According to "On The Couch" keeping Christiaan Salem quiet, or under pressure is the key to beating Melbourne. May and Lever are the bulwarks of the defense, but Salem is the springboard of their attacking ball movement.

Is it possible that Cody Weightman could play a defensive role on Salem ? Or maybe Riley Garcia ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

I expect us to be UP for this game. There are no excuses for anything less than a full on, swarming effort such as Hawthorn applied. We have the troops to get the job done. Let's take our chances from the off - set shots need to be converted. And please, let's be really switched on at centre bounces and in red time.

I'm not sure if stats are kept on red time goals but we certainly seem to give them up with alarming regularity.

Another thing that should be front and centre is a preparedness to be ready for any rough stuff that is meted out to anyone, particularly JUH. Let's not go in there without having thought about this. We have been caught flat-footed in the past against Melbourne and I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT HAPPEN AGAIN!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    According to "On The Couch" keeping Christiaan Salem quiet, or under pressure is the key to beating Melbourne. May and Lever are the bulwarks of the defense, but Salem is the springboard of their attacking ball movement.

Is it possible that Cody Weightman could play a defensive role on Salem ? Or maybe Riley Garcia ?
    I think JJ had the role last time and Salem did relatively little.

If we are at our best we have a couple of springboards for ball movement that THEY should be worried about - the Baileys, and (to a lesser extent) Ed.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Looking ahead, at least we’ll have a good feel for how they operate at full strength where as they’ll have lots of questions about our best set up in finals (assuming we get Adam, Wood, Martin and Dunks back for Sept).
    Yeah that happened last time and I didn't like it so much.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Liberatore, Young
    Out: Dunkley, Crozier, Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In: Liberatore, Young
    Out: Dunkley, Crozier, Scott
    Is this accepting Zaine won’t be dropped?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    As it turned out, even if you lock away Salem the other two (May and Lever) can still kill you if you keep kicking it in their general direction.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Do you think he will be dropped?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

If we are at our best we have a couple of springboards for ball movement that THEY should be worried about - the Baileys, and (to a lesser extent) Ed.
    Yep, as the stat you shared in another thread showed we are pretty good at defending the opposition's ball movement, but our own ball movement has dropped well away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep... we're stuck with him unfortunately.

Hopefully he plays on Brown and it's a nil all draw.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been really down about this pointless Melbourne swap around. F%#% their lack of injuries are annoying me, and then we lose Dunk to something like this.

It's really pissed me off.

I'd drop Cordy and bring Wood straight in and play him on Fritsch. At least Wood will make it to the contest. Fritta will eat Cordy alive it won't be pretty.

We have absolutely no-one who can run with Trac or Oliver which is a big concern. The two most likely candidates are on the injury list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I've been really down about this pointless Melbourne swap around. F%#% their lack of injuries are annoying me, and then we lose Dunk to something like this.

It's really pissed me off.
    Yep, we are at a much bigger disadvantage than Melb if the original fixture stood... understand the predicament the AFL are in, but we've been shafted here.

I'd drop Cordy and bring Wood straight in and play him on Fritsch. At least Wood will make it to the contest. Fritta will eat Cordy alive it won't be pretty.
    Given Melbourne's height we probably need Cordy regardless of his match-up. Cordy played on Fritsch last time and did just ok, gave away a critical free-kick and goal when we were trying to mount a challenge which was dumb.

The flow on effect of Cordy playing small allowed Weideman to kick a couple of important goals in the 3rd when on a smaller opponent.

We have absolutely no-one who can run with Trac or Oliver which is a big concern. The two most likely candidates are on the injury list.
    Bont, Macrae & Smith as well as being dangerous attacking options for us, need to be accountable for their opponents.

18. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Do you think he will be dropped?
    No. I was asking as I know Mantis isn't a fan of his. I do not want him in the side but perhaps not as strongly as some.