Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  165
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 19 Vs Melbourne 2021

Schache is good in the wet he's just bad generally. Hope this clears it up.

Play Caleb Daniel on Brown.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Play Caleb Daniel on Brown.
    Knowing our defence, he will probably end up on him one out in the goalsquare, while Cordy is off scratching his nuts somewhere 30 metres away.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I don't subscribe to that at all. He's had plenty of chances, he's a fringe player and he's in and out of the side because he hasn't cemented his spot.

Not sure other teams will be flooding the Whitten Oval switchboard trying to lure him away.
    In his last game against Sydney he started on defence on Heeney… like why Heeney? He then went into the ruck and once there was a trend in the game and found our defence was doing ok and our tall forwards were ineffective he went forward and competed ok.

After this game when he was by no means our worst he was dumped from the team whilst Zaine remains in a key defensive post even though he is make defensive errors week on week.

I know Lewis is a fringe player, but I simply don’t get why he isn’t given 2 or 3 games in defence to see if he can nail down a spot like Cordy and Gardner have had.

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In his last game against Sydney he started on defence on Heeney… like why Heeney? He then went into the ruck and once there was a trend in the game and found our defence was doing ok and our tall forwards were ineffective he went forward and competed ok.

After this game when he was by no means our worst he was dumped from the team whilst Zaine remains in a key defensive post even though he is make defensive errors week on week.

I know Lewis is a fringe player, but I simply don’t get why he isn’t given 2 or 3 games in defence to see if he can nail down a spot like Cordy and Gardner have had.
    The MC obviously don’t like him, and don’t trust him.
    I feel for him, and I hope he finds another club to utilise what he can offer.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hannan had better have a very good game, I hope he does but his selection is puzzling.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha this is diabolical. We've already fallen 1.5 games behind the Dee's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    So what are the D50 match ups?

Something like?

Keath - McDonald
    Cordy - Brown
    Williams - Fritsch
    Duryea - Pickett
    Dale - ANB
    Richards - Spago

When Jackson/Gawn push forward, we're going to be stretched.
    Yuck. That's fully sacrificing Williams' game because he will need to play 100% lockdown on Fritsch. I'd prefer to sacrifice Schache at CHB on McDonald and have more flexibility with Horse.

We know Keath will play deep so that leaves Cordy on Fritsch. Someone said he did OK last time on him so it's likely he'll get first crack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I like Cordy he puts his body on the line. Gardner too.

Agree Young needs to nail a spot. I thought he was ok in the ruck I watched him closely at the game and was impressed with his body position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yuck. That's fully sacrificing Williams' game because he will need to play 100% lockdown on Fritsch. I'd prefer to sacrifice Schache at CHB on McDonald and have more flexibility with Horse.

We know Keath will play deep so that leaves Cordy on Fritsch. Someone said he did OK last time on him so it's likely he'll get first crack.
    Fritsch kicked 3, had 10 marks last time and was a constant threat. Cordy got hosed, Fritsch is way too slippery for him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Fritsch kicked 3, had 10 marks last time and was a constant threat. Cordy got hosed, Fritsch is way too slippery for him.
    He's a constant threat most weeks. I'm not sure Bailey is the answer but we'll see. Wood would have been a great match up for him. Obviously needs to keep building.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly its irrelevant if Young plays or Schache plays - that selection isn’t changing the result of the game.

This game will be won in the midfield, how good our forward half connection is, coupled with team defence.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes jeemak, mjp, bornadog, Doc26, Dry Rot, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Honestly its irrelevant if Young plays or Schache plays - that selection isn’t changing the result of the game.

This game will be won in the midfield, how good our forward half connection is, coupled with team defence.
    Yeah I'd love to bring the heat against them. They have great key backs but we also have a forward line that could trouble them.

I'm not sold on their forward line outside of Fritsch. It will be won in the middle again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I like Cordy he puts his body on the line. Gardner too.

Agree Young needs to nail a spot. I thought he was ok in the ruck I watched him closely at the game and was impressed with his body position.
    Surely at AFL level you need to bring more to the table than just effort/putting your body on the line. As a defender you need to be able to win contests and at the very worst halve more than you lose but Zaine routinely is out of position, trailing behind or outmarked. He's literally a forwards dream in that you can either beat him on the lead or beat him 1-v-1 depending on your strength as a forward.

Anyway, this 22 is laughable but it has me more interested in the game than I otherwise was. I'd love to know what was discussed at MC; you'd be forgiven for thinking we're using this as an experimental game and to be honest, I don't hate it.
    W00F!

18. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Surely at AFL level you need to bring more to the table than just effort/putting your body on the line. As a defender you need to be able to win contests and at the very worst halve more than you lose but Zaine routinely is out of position, trailing behind or outmarked. He's literally a forwards dream in that you can either beat him on the lead or beat him 1-v-1 depending on your strength as a forward.

Anyway, this 22 is laughable but it has me more interested in the game than I otherwise was. I'd love to know what was discussed at MC; you'd be forgiven for thinking we're using this as an experimental game and to be honest, I don't hate it.
    Agree you need more, I like that part of Zaine's game. He also is an A grade tackler, he maybe changed the course of the GF doing that.

But he has limitations as you've highlighted.

Personally if I was choosing a team I'd be picking guys like Zaine who leave it all out there every day. I'm surprised there's so much negativity towards him on here he's pretty fkn Bulldog.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be the outlier here but I don’t mind this week’s team with Schache’s inclusion. Have been keen to see him get an opportunity to hold his own as a KPD, whether against Brown, Jackson or McDonald this week.