Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round fifteen 2021 v West Coast

1. This team is resilient, tough and hungry.
    2. This team is resilient, tough and hungry.
    3. This team is resilient, tough and hungry.

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Duryea has had a fantastic season, and has really become a leader in that back 6.
    I really like how much Duryea has improved. His just a tough defender, and hates getting beaten, so those 1-1 contests always chance of spoil. Runs all day, and is a long kick.

When he came to us, the knock on him was his inaccurate kicking. I think his playing the percentages more and knows his game much better. Real maturity to his game, and compliments well with the backline we have.

Great pickup for us from the Hawks, who are crying out for some solid senior players in the backline.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are a better team with Richards and Maclean in our 22.
    2. Bont Macrae and Libba are rarely beaten in the midfield.
    3. Williams Dale and Duryea have emerged as quality defenders.

5. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I think I want to add, that all those calling for Bailey Smith to be dropped were not correct.
    I disagree. He had an average four or five weeks and the calls for him to find some form in the twos were not unwarranted. I am pleased the coach stuck by him and played him on the inside. This was a great call, but still believe his form warranted questioning including a spell.

Post Thanks / Like

I was that close to finding something else to do at quarter time as I thought our horrendous first quarter set shot kicking was going to bite us on the arse later on but like the 23 today stuck it out to the end so here goes.
    1. Bazlenka got his mojo back, good signs moving forward.
    2. Ed Richards welcome back, showed good speed, some run and carry and won some crucial intercepts and one on one contests.
    3. If you are selected as the our medical sub, please do a thorough warm up and be ready to go at any time as you are almost guaranteed to get a run, normally early on, seriously has there been a game this season we have got through unscathed.
    And a bonus one,
    4. We are in it up to our necks in 2021.

8. Likes GVGjr, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Richards has just cemented the back flank role for another week, keeping Croz out
    2. We still suit the hard fought, frenetic tackling game
    3. Alex Keath has got to be close to our best player most weeks. Close to

10. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    1. Richards has just cemented the back flank role for another week, keeping Croz out
    2. We still suit the hard fought, frenetic tackling game
    3. Alex Keath has got to be close to our best player most weeks. Close to

In the last quarter he called for the ball when he was standing by himself in the defensive arc. The closest player to him (who wasn't the ball carrier) must have been 40 metres up the ground. When the ball carrier ignored him he wasn't happy, it was funny to watch.

Also allowed himself a big smile when he congratulated Riley Garcia on the ground after the game. Very unKeathy like!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    1. No crowds footy kinda hits when you win by 10 goals.

2. Ed Richards is best 22, a defender and a better player than Crozier.

3. West Coast's midfield is a paper tiger. Looking forward to hearing about how underdone they were all week instead of how bad of a beating our guys put on them.
    The balance is really much better with him in the side isn't it? We probably needed another good 'ground level' defender with dash and ability to move the ball and Crozier is more of an 'in the air' defender IMO who as discussed tends to just boot it.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Those of us who saw a backs-against-the-wall win coming were right.
    2. Our VFL team is feeding us some great talent.
    3. Reports of the demise of Mitch Wallis were premature. He looks very hungry and sharp.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 28-06-2021 at 01:59 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Fox News Says
    "Eagles ‘played like sooks’ with ‘dumb footy’ galore; Dogs accept gift from the weather gods: 3-2-1"
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1) there are going to be some unlucky players getting squeezed out when Dunkley and Treloar are fit (if the injury gods smile upon us between now and then)

2) Bailey Smith needs to be playing a physical inside role to be at his best. I'm not sure what the return of Dunkley and Treloar will mean for him.

3) our small/medium forwards of Weightman, JJ, Garcia, Scott, Hannan all have some genuine tenacity and desire to have an impact with their pressure. It has been one of the biggest differences in 2021 compared to 2018-20.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I really like how much Duryea has improved. His just a tough defender, and hates getting beaten, so those 1-1 contests always chance of spoil. Runs all day, and is a long kick.

When he came to us, the knock on him was his inaccurate kicking. I think his playing the percentages more and knows his game much better. Real maturity to his game, and compliments well with the backline we have.

Great pickup for us from the Hawks, who are crying out for some solid senior players in the backline.
    I was super critical of him early in the year because he was a bit fumbly but he's certainly shut me up. He's still a bit iffy on the ground ball but on the high ball for someone his height he's excellent.

He's turned me around, and it's taken a lot because I still remember him being sent in to stir us up at half time during the semi final in 2016.......but he's cool now.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I disagree. He had an average four or five weeks and the calls for him to find some form in the twos were not unwarranted. I am pleased the coach stuck by him and played him on the inside. This was a great call, but still believe his form warranted questioning including a spell.
    Disagree. He worked hard mostly, and albeit out of touch his body of work was too solid over time to not hold faith. Given we didn't have anyone to replace anything like what he brings to the table when playing well or even OK, dropping him would have been a massive overreaction.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    1. No crowds footy kinda hits when you win by 10 goals.

2. Ed Richards is best 22, a defender and a better player than Crozier.

3. West Coast's midfield is a paper tiger. Looking forward to hearing about how underdone they were all week instead of how bad of a beating our guys put on them.
    Don't worry. According to fox Footy they played like a bunch of sooks.

Post Thanks / Like

1/ I was in the Naughton plays in defence team. I was wrong. His ability to mark the ball is a thing of beauty. Our forwardline is set for the next 10 years with JUH & Darcy to follow. Good luck to all opposing teams.

2/ Tim might make it as a no.1 ruck after all. He looked in all sorts early doors, but adjusted and was very effective.

3/ Lachie Hunter can mark overhead… I didn’t know he could. His work-rate was exceptional.

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post