Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  54
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round fifteen 2021 v West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    That was a bullshit free kick. The dangerous tackle is now just another crap shoot decision the umpires can choose to make.
    This is also a problem created with the current prior opportunity interpretation. The umps are so concerned with giving the player in possession time that the tackler is almost required to bring him to ground.

If they blew the whistle immediately a tackle is held, the dangerous tackle would be removed and player safety would be enhanced.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

2. Likes SonofScray, Before I Die liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    This is also a problem created with the current prior opportunity interpretation. The umps are so concerned with giving the player in possession time that the tackler is almost required to bring him to ground.

If they blew the whistle immediately a tackle is held, the dangerous tackle would be removed and player safety would be enhanced.
    Yes for some reason they are allowing alot more time for players to dispose the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    You can't possibly look at Naughton and look at Henry, who has been dropped on form this year, and consider that 2-3 marking contest wins means that Naughton wasn't going to get a hold of him. Naughton is the best contested mark in the game and losing him was devastating to our chances.

You can't tell me Naughton doesn't grab at least one of those long balls down the line in the last two minutes.
    I was flithy on the umpiring at Geelong's park, Krapdinia. The number of times he was blocked and held I lost count.

At least the umpires on Sunday gave one holding to Naughton. Down at G.park they were too afraid to call it.

Naughton puts the fear of God into defenders as he will go hard and at 100 ks an hour. His timing is extraordinary for someone his size. Its so graceful to watch an athlete launch himself into the air with speed and power, and time that perfect grab.