Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 15, 2021 vs West Coast

Bankers

1. I think it’s time for a massive shout out to the coaching group and Bevo in particular. At times we’ve wondered if he’d lost that magic touch that brought us the flag. This year there are less selection mysteries, the group are united and resilient, and we are playing a brand that is exciting and watchable. Those easy goals out the back have largely dried up.

2. I really liked Tim English’s performance. He may not have beaten Nic Nat, few do, but he was at least a presence.

3. How lucky are we to be watching The Bont, and Naughton, in the same team and in their prime. Every single match one of them does something freakishly unbelievable.

Anchors

1. Another injury to Gardner, who’s won me over as a guy who’s persisted, and just might make it.

2. I wish I could say the same for Hannan, I don’t get it, but see point one of the bankers..in Bevo we trust.

3. JJ head bump that didn’t even receive a free but hopefully Ryan gets 2 weeks
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Bankers

1. I think it’s time for a massive shout out to the coaching group and Bevo in particular. At times we’ve wondered if he’d lost that magic touch that brought us the flag. This year there are less selection mysteries, the group are united and resilient, and we are playing a brand that is exciting and watchable. Those easy goals out the back have largely dried up.

2. I really liked Tim English’s performance. He may not have beaten Nic Nat, few do, but he was at least a presence.

3. How lucky are we to be watching The Bont, and Naughton, in the same team and in their prime. Every single match one of them does something freakishly unbelievable.

Anchors

1. Another injury to Gardner, who’s won me over as a guy who’s persisted, and just might make it.

2. I wish I could say the same for Hannan, I don’t get it, but see point one of the bankers..in Bevo we trust.

3. JJ head bump that didn’t even receive a free but hopefully Ryan gets 2 weeks
    Can't fault a word of what you've written, and can only highlight your first point.... Bevo and his match committee have risen to the challenge this year. We need to acknowledge this. As frustrating as the selections have been the past couple of years, the MC have largely got it right in 2021 and have a really good handle of what lineup week on week give us the best chance of success.
    Big gamble banking on Timmy to handle NN predominantly solely this week. Nailed it.
    Backed Gardner in. backed Mclean in off ZERO games.
    We've got to collectively dial back our trepidation regarding selection. Bevo and MC DO seem to know best.

Post Thanks / Like

Bedtime beckons. that goonbag isn't gonna chase itself tomorrow!
    Goodnight Woofers, we're 11-3.. enjoy yourself!!

4. Likes Happy Days, Mantis, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bank
    - Ed Richards returning to the side, and showing form that was missing last year. Even though he played most games last year he was lost in the wing/half-forward role (which coincidentally JJ has looked lost in at times this year). It was a welcome return where he was able to showcase his assets running off half-back. I'm excited to see him hold down that spot and continue to evolve a partnership with Dale and Williams.

- English. I thought he was actually really good in the ruck today. Yes Nicnat won more hitouts, but it was the best that I have seen Tim compete and position himself against one of the monster ruckmen. He was able to pretty effectively nullify Nicnat's influence for most of the game, and I'm pretty sure their run of three goals from centre clearances came when English was off the ground. I thought NN would be the difference in this match, and Tim didn't let that happen.

- the Eagles for taking in so many underdone players. Shuey 62% TOG, NN 73, Yeo and Mcgovern 76. Compare that to our prime movers - English, Hunter, Bont all 85+. No wonder we ran 8km more than them, as we were sharing our load much more evenly. Shoutout to Keath 100% TOG again.

Ank
    - it was simply a complete four-quarter domination, which was finally reflected on the scoreboard in the final 15 minutes. My only anchor is that it was a 55 point win instead of the 70+ that it should have been.

6. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers.
    1. Our prime movers deliver consistently

2. Our defenders are a tight unit.

3. Our depth is deeper this year.

Anchors
    1. Injury to Gardner

2. The appalling commentary from Ling. That whiny voice is awful.

3. No West Coast supporters to witness that total pantsing.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

Ank
    - it was simply a complete four-quarter domination, which was finally reflected on the scoreboard in the final 15 minutes. My only anchor is that it was a 55 point win instead of the 70+ that it should have been.
    Expected Scores were 44-122 - amazing to think we left a bunch of % on the table in a win vs Eagles in Perth.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Expected Scores were 44-122 - amazing to think we left a bunch of % on the table in a win vs Eagles in Perth.
    Yep. At the time it felt unbelievably nerve-racking but watching the replay that should've been a 15 goal win. Aside from 2 straight goals in the 3rd at no point in the game were West Coast on top or even close to us.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yep. At the time it felt unbelievably nerve-racking but watching the replay that should've been a 15 goal win. Aside from 2 straight goals in the 3rd at no point in the game were West Coast on top or even close to us.
    I might be in the minority.....and in watching with my dad and exchanging texts with a mate - they were both definitely in the nervous camp...but I really felt confident throughout the game. I feel really relaxed watching this group. You can tell pretty early in the game if they are 'on' or not and if they have control of the game. They absolutely have a crack always too.

I couldn't be prouder of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I might be in the minority.....and in watching with my dad and exchanging texts with a mate - they were both definitely in the nervous camp...but I really felt confident throughout the game. I feel really relaxed watching this group. You can tell pretty early in the game if they are 'on' or not and if they have control of the game. They absolutely have a crack always too.

I couldn't be prouder of them.
    My concern through the game was all about not enough reward for effort… in terms of hitting the scoreboard. I thought at some stage WC would play 20-30min of good footy and given we hadn’t put them away it might cost us.

So glad we got that reward in the last qtr.