Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 2008: Dogs v Crows - match-ups and tactics

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How did that go over?
    She knows the rules.

15 years ago I told her if she made any arrangements that clashed with a Bulldogs game I wouldn't front. She tried it on a couple of times, I didn't front and she got embarassed. Now she carries a fixture in her purse.

I think the plan is for it to be a late afternoon egg hunt and an early dinner after the footy.

See, to make a marriage work you just have to compromise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I, like a few others - am unfortunately missing the game. Booked a trip up to see friends in Wollongong and Sydney a while ago and didn't even think that I'd be missing Johnno's 300th. Shattered. Hopefully I can find it televised somewhere.

I think last year (round 2) they really closed down the space and stopped our run. If we can get it out of the middle it will make a huge difference as we didn't do that well last year. Hudson being on our side will help.

I'm not too worried about their tall forwards. If we use the ball well enough - and pressure their ball carriers enough- we'll win. Shutting down McLeod is paramount too.
    I will be working unfortunately, but will have the radio on at work as the shop will be closed, won't miss a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I will be working unfortunately, but will have the radio on at work as the shop will be closed, won't miss a thing.
    Unless Rex hunt's calling in which case you'll miss everything.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Unless Rex hunt's calling in which case you'll miss everything.

LOL

But he's safe, we are on SEN and MMM
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    LOL

But he's safe, we are on SEN and MMM
    Guess I'll have to listen to Saturday arvo's game to get my Gerard Whateley fix.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Alright you radio tosser's back to the footy.

Goodwin, Burton and McLeod all go forward at the first bounce. Who goes to them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Goodwin, Burton and McLeod all go forward at the first bounce. Who goes to them?
    Boyd, Hargrave, Morris

Post Thanks / Like

That depends if Porplyzia is forward or centre -I'd guess centre because in this scenario you'd expect K-Mac, Tippett & Seller to play forward (I'm expecting Bock to go forward as well, but I'll leave him out to match-up on Minson at this stage leaving Rutten on Johnno & Bassett on Welsh).

So we'd have Doogs on K-Mac (mobilty issues for Lake) Lake on Tippett as FB, Hargrave on Seller, and Morris on Burton (need someone with good concentration, as Burton can do nothing for 99% of the game and then kick 3 quick ones).

I'd have Gilbs & Griff on the last two - Goodwin & McLeod are genuine play makers & we need to have good, attacking players on them to keep the Crows accountable. This will allow both Hargrave & Lake to provide re-bound in the likely event that the Crows stifle the rebound from Gilbs & Griff.

Plan B (in the event Mcleod goes nuts) will be Murphy playing back (preferably on Seller, he can be our re-bound player), switch Hargrave to Burton & put Morris (pull the trigger!) on McLeod, Gilbee to Goodwin (or Porplyzia as the case may be) and Griff can have a run through the middle as part of our midfield rotation.

I'm hesitant to put Tiller back as Porplyzia is the only real match-up I can see for him there, perhaps some time on Burton however Burton may lose him in traffic too easily.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot depends upon if Lake and Wight/ Tiller play, but my 1st prefernce would be.

McLeod - Morris - Crows most important player so demands our best stopper. I wouldn't be upset if Morris followed McLeod everywhere.

Burton - Griffen - athletic enough and may hurt him on the rebound.

Goodwin - Hargrave - I think we need to play Shaggy on shorter opponents this year.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot depends upon if Lake and Wight/ Tiller play, but my 1st prefernce would be.

McLeod - Morris - Crows most important player so demands our best stopper. I wouldn't be upset if Morris followed McLeod everywhere.

Burton - Griffen - athletic enough and may hurt him on the rebound.

Goodwin - Hargrave - I think we need to play Shaggy on shorter opponents this year.
    I was going to say the same 3 but with Griff and Shaggy swapped. Burton's height won't be a huge issue for Shaggy and I think Burton might be a bit too wiley and strong in the air for Griff, which Goodwin may be too but I think he has a better chance of going with him.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I was going to say the same 3 but with Griff and Shaggy swapped. Burton's height won't be a huge issue for Shaggy and I think Burton might be a bit too wiley and strong in the air for Griff, which Goodwin may be too but I think he has a better chance of going with him.
    Griffen is deceptively strong over head, especially spoiling. Hargrave tends to give away free kicks to players he feels inferior to either in the air or in size so I would prefer him stay away from 'dangerous' forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Griffen is deceptively strong over head, especially spoiling. Hargrave tends to give away free kicks to players he feels inferior to either in the air or in size so I would prefer him stay away from 'dangerous' forwards.
    I tend to agree, and also I'd say Goodwin will have better defensive efforts than Burton as a general rule, therefore if Griff goes to Burton, the Crows will have to be very wary that he doesn't run off and hurt them going the other way.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know the stats, but I'd reckon that Shaggy gives more free kicks away than anyone else in our team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Sunday is my birthday so my wife arranged for all of my family to come around for lunch and an Easter egg hunt for the kids.

I told her I won't be there.

Sounds like you'll get a divorce for a present.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 18-03-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    I dont know the stats, but I'd reckon that Shaggy gives more free kicks away than anyone else in our team.
    He does.

There was a thread on BF recently that proved it. He is something like -50 for and against over the past 3 years. For a guy who spends most of his time inside the opposition F50 it doesn't read to well.