Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 2008: Dogs v Crows - match-ups and tactics

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Fast moving wingman/half-forward. Very skilful. He actually had a similar footy career to me - a few WAFL games at a couple of clubs and nearly a decade playing in the same suburban league thereafter.

I must have played on him 20 times or more at both levels.
    20 times is quite a few games against him, sounds like you both had long careers

Sounds similar to his boy - 20 times, sounds like you both had long careers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting that Maric has been named as an emergency for the Crows, that leaves Griffen to do the bulk of the ruckwork, who was barely no 2 last year to Hudson.

That also means Tippett (who I believe also played a forward and ruck at SANFL level) may have to relieve Griffen for 4-5 minutes a quarter unless the Crows throw someone like Bock into the centre.
    I think you are selling Griffin short here, from what I saw last year he is a terrific ruck prospect, and Tippett has obviously had some good form in the pre season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I think you are selling Griffin short here, from what I saw last year he is a terrific ruck prospect, and Tippett has obviously had some good form in the pre season
    Not at all - Griffen was in my DT last year, and close to emergency this year.

He may be quick around the ground, but should still be out-muscled at the bounces - this should help our clearance rate which has been poor against Adelaide in the past few seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that we hold the advantage in the ruck. However both Tippett and Griffin can go forward and stick a mark - something that our rucks will have to be mindful of today. Let's hope Hudson can really get on top early and put some pressure on the young Crows rucks and midfielders.