Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  87
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V North Melbourne R16 2021

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How to stop it is by flying trained Eagles or Hawks above the ground. The Gulls aren't hanging around if that happens

Apparently the Seagulls crapped on quite a few people yesterday.
    Open roof is definitely crappy
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

How to stop it is by flying trained Eagles or Hawks above the ground. The Gulls aren't hanging around if that happens

My son came back from the 3 quarter time break and his seat had been crapped on!
    Geez it was cold there yesterday. At 3 quarter time I said to those I was with - that I'd have been happy with Bont and Ziebell just shook hands and agreed to finish up the game. Mercy rule for the spectators and tired players!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    My son came back from the 3 quarter time break and his seat had been crapped on!
    Geez it was cold there yesterday. At 3 quarter time I said to those I was with - that I'd have been happy with Bont and Ziebell just shook hands and agreed to finish up the game. Mercy rule for the spectators and tired players!
    On the walk up LaTrobe Street back to my car was freezing. Reminded me of the olden days.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The facilities were in an awful state. Level 3 looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Who told the seagulls the roof was open?
    There were more seagulls than footy supporters last night
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Open roof is definitely crappy
    Works better an open roof on a nice sunny day and with a bigger crowd to put off the seagulls.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Works better an open roof on a nice sunny day and with a bigger crowd to put off the seagulls.
    Roof open on a sunny day is horrible for the light and dark patches on the ground, more so for TV than at the ground but it depends where you sit.

About the only time the roof should be open at Marvel is on a fine balmy night.

9. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Roof open on a sunny day is horrible for the light and dark patches on the ground, more so for TV than at the ground but it depends where you sit.

About the only time the roof should be open at Marvel is on a fine balmy night.
    Yes very true Axe Man. I forgot that. That is a big issue as well. Ordinarily it is closed most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of actual playing conditions, the roof didn't cause any issues but in terms of the experience, it's bad. Probably makes it a good 5 degrees colder and the bloody seagulls are a joke. Surely it gets re-assessed.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It was quite good listening to Bob Murphy on the radio yesterday. Obviously, he gives a little few more snippets about Bulldogs players.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    It was quite good listening to Bob Murphy on the radio yesterday. Obviously, he gives a little few more snippets about Bulldogs players.
    Sedat likes this.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Sedat likes this.
    He lost all credibility when he gave Zurhaar 2 votes... Which game were you watching Bob?

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Who told the seagulls the roof was open?
    They showed vision of Sarah Jolle of Fox Footy with seagull dropping on her - whilst simultaneously playing Flock of Seagulls 'I ran' whilst they went to a commercial break

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    It wasn’t one for the time capsule but I am celebrating that we are 12 and 3 and top of the ladder. We’ve had tough wins interstate, survived COVID disruption, injuries, and it’s rarefied air to be where we are (thought it was necessary to correct The Age’s lukewarm comment):

The Bulldogs are so 2016. Clearly we have a new darling to ride home to a Premiership and I don't mean the Jack variety.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if teams didn't start tagging Bailey Dale from now on.
    He was a real difference maker yesterday.
    One of the most improved players in the competition - hard to sit on all of our options and contain them all