Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  80
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Sydney Swans R17 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I’m not sure what makes you think Cordy will run with Buddy… I would think Keath gets that role 100 times out of 100.

Does Hayward have the running power that Dale has?

Naughton is a massive out.. no doubt.

The swans have a pretty slow midfield and whilst Hickey is having a really good season, his ruck work isn’t amazing. We have a clear advantage around the ball and if we make it count we will dictate field position which will give us the edge.

Sydney have some good kids… ours are better.

Anyway as you’ve given us away this week it will be good to have you on our side for 5 of the last 6 weeks.
    Well, if buddy gets up to the wing, I’d doubt Keath will go with him. He might, but Bevo likes Keath deep, and so do I.

I’d be confident Hayward would go ok. Just depends on how far Bevo wants his half backs to push fwd. My Hayward lockdown on Dale would be more defensive 50 to mid…not necessarily if Dale ran into the fwd line. Sydney need to stop Dale getting the ball out of defence with his elite kicks.

Yes, we have the better midfield, but without dunks and Treloar, do we have the deepest midfield in THIS game ?

I’m not picking syd by 50 points. This will be a hard slog of gut running. Win the clearances and stop their mid type fwds from kicking goals and we will probably win.
    Naughton plays and I’d be picking us. He’s that important.

It will be close either way. Can’t see either team winning over 3 goals.

It’s not about giving us away. I hope we win, and win by 100 pts, but I wasn’t impressed with last weeks effort. We looked a bit tired after a tough month. We won’t win the last 7. This is one I just think we might fall short.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    . Win the clearances and stop their mid type fwds from kicking goals and we will probably win.
    We are still number one for clearances and Sydney sit 6th, I think we will do ok there.

Can't see Sydney winning this one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if buddy gets up to the wing, I’d doubt Keath will go with him. He might, but Bevo likes Keath deep, and so do I.

I’d be confident Hayward would go ok. Just depends on how far Bevo wants his half backs to push fwd. My Hayward lockdown on Dale would be more defensive 50 to mid…not necessarily if Dale ran into the fwd line. Sydney need to stop Dale getting the ball out of defence with his elite kicks.

Yes, we have the better midfield, but without dunks and Treloar, do we have the deepest midfield in THIS game ?

I’m not picking syd by 50 points. This will be a hard slog of gut running. Win the clearances and stop their mid type fwds from kicking goals and we will probably win.
    Naughton plays and I’d be picking us. He’s that important.

It will be close either way. Can’t see either team winning over 3 goals.

It’s not about giving us away. I hope we win, and win by 100 pts, but I wasn’t impressed with last weeks effort. We looked a bit tired after a tough month. We won’t win the last 7. This is one I just think we might fall short.
    I wouldn't read too much into last weeks game.. we did enough to win, whilst not overly exerting ourselves. I would be expecting our pressure to be more like the WC game when we made it extremely difficult for them to move the ball from defence to attack compared to last week when we were largely in 1st gear.

Important our small forwards are on their A game with regard to offensive pressure... with Dunkley & Treloar not far away it's time for the likes of JJ, Hannan, Scott & Wallis to stake their claim for a our spot in our finals team as we can't fit them all in. (Flea still needs to show up, but he's clearly best 22 now)

And whilst our midfield is a little thin in depth, Bont, Macrae & Libba with support from others have been super all year so expecting all to show up on Sunday with the right attitude and to take it up to Sydney.

Post Thanks / Like

Swans have been impressive this season performing far better than most would have predicted but we should still be too strong for them.

Dogs by 22 points.
    First goal Hunter
    BOG Macrae

Marra kicks 1 goal 3 points.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 16
    First goal JUH
    BOG Libba
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a banana peel this one, really think it'll be a dog fight. Just want to get through unscathed with the dub.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bit of a banana peel this one, really think it'll be a dog fight. Just want to get through unscathed with the dub.
    Sick of injuries.

Roof open, so hope they have found a solution for the gulls. I am taking my tennis racket today
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sick of injuries.

Roof open, so hope they have found a solution for the gulls. I am taking my tennis racket today
    Perhaps a wider brimmed hat might be in order?

Post Thanks / Like

If JUH kicked 5 goals today would Bevo be lauded for being patient and bringing him at the right time or would there be some who would say he should have done it earlier?

I hope he gets the footy a few times early to relieve any nerves he might have.

11. Likes Testekill, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If JUH kicked 5 goals today would Bevo be lauded for being patient and bringing him at the right time or would there be some who would say he should have done it earlier?

I hope he gets the footy a few times early to relieve any nerves he might have.
    If he kicks five goals today we win and I honestly couldn't care less about the background noise.

13. Likes EasternWest, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If JUH kicked 5 goals today would Bevo be lauded for being patient and bringing him at the right time or would there be some who would say he should have done it earlier.
    There'd be both, which is why it's good coaches don't pay attention to outside noise.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Marra kicks 1 goal 3 points.
    Bulldogs Pessimism!
    JUH will kick a few
    Maybe one less than Mitch Wallis, who is going to have a blinder today.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

With all the media scrutiny, the last thing we want is for Marra to hardly get a kick. Hopefully he really plays a blinder, gets an early goal, and gets up and about early to settle those nerves.

Post Thanks / Like

With all the media scrutiny, the last thing we want is for Marra to hardly get a kick. Hopefully he really plays a blinder, gets an early goal, and gets up and about early to settle those nerves.
    Not really fussed if that's the case, in fact I fully expect him to hardly touch it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not really fussed if that's the case, in fact I fully expect him to hardly touch it.
    Really? I’m hopeful of 1 goal from him, but you’re not expecting much Comrade ?