Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  80
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Sydney Swans R17 2021

The way Sydney moved the ball from goal square to fwd line was with the most ease they’ve had all year. Most of the times it was 2 kicks to the wing, and another inside 50. Our defensive pressure was a joke and the fact of Dawson kicking 3 was laughable. Their game plan was simple and we couldn’t counteract it. Move the ball like Geelong to fwd 50 and then cut the ball back into the centre giving their fwds straight easy access to goal. The amount of contested marks they took was not surprising as our team literally sucks one on one in most cases.

GC will be another test of our resolve. Most thought the NM game was nothing to worry about. Today showed similar signs. GC have a bit of belief going for them. Sexton is quite aware he loves playing us, so one to watch out for. This game is truely 50/50 for mine.

A big week ahead. Hopefully we have nothing to worry about.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Just re-watched the JJ 'effort' in the last after Marra gives off the deft handball. 40m, slight angle and just a diabolical miss.
    English missed a couple and Bruce too. We had our chances.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty nervous that our premiership chances may be hinging on the 34 year old body of a (potentially?) cooked ruckman. We should have covered that gap, I don't know....3 years ago when it was clear it was an issue.
    Did Young not take a mark today? That's amazing for a big man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    English missed a couple and Bruce too. We had our chances.
    As poorly as we approached the game, and how outworked we were in transition etc., there was still an opportunity for us to hang in there and possibly win it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Did Young not take a mark today? That's amazing for a big man.
    That's pretty crazy we couldn't find him in space, or get him in an outnumber/mismatch. I don't think throwing him around the ground is the best use for him, but then again, I don't know if he's ever going to make it as a defender either. He's a very frustrating prospect, that's for sure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The ruck wasn't the issue today, our mids were beaten. Macrae and Libba had low numbers and their mids out worked us.

Marks inside 50 were also a big issue, and we really missed Naughton.

We can only get better with a stronger team to come.

If we were on, the game was gettable as there were only a few goals in it all day, except we couldn't kick two goals in a row to shift the momentum
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty crazy we couldn't find him in space, or get him in an outnumber/mismatch. I don't think throwing him around the ground is the best use for him, but then again, I don't know if he's ever going to make it as a defender either. He's a very frustrating prospect, that's for sure.
    By half way through the second quarter he'd played KPD, Ruck and KPF. Can't be easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought the effort and intensity of Garcia was great in what, his third game?

Also I have noticed he plays borderline dirty at times, which I wholeheartedly support. Likes to hurt opponents.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Thought the effort and intensity of Garcia was great in what, his third game?

Also I have noticed he plays borderline dirty at times, which I wholeheartedly support. Likes to hurt opponents.
    He's definitely a goer.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The ruck wasn't the issue today, our mids were beaten. Macrae and Libba had low numbers and their mids out worked us.

Marks inside 50 were also a big issue, and we really missed Naughton.

We can only get better with a stronger team to come.

If we were on, the game was gettable as there were only a few goals in it all day, except we couldn't kick two goals in a row to shift the momentum
    Parker did a good job I think he was doing a Harmes on Libba but I haven't seen the replay. He seemed to be annoying him a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

Today all the bad Cody Weightman traits were on show, flying for everything, flailing about trying to draw frees, minimal pressure. Let's hope 4 goals against North hasn't gone to his head and this was just a down day.
    Well summarized. Weightman had a poor game and needs to find other ways to contribute.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    By half way through the second quarter he'd played KPD, Ruck and KPF. Can't be easy.
    It's diabolical how we're using Young.

A guy who needs confidence and consistency, yet we're throwing him in all 3 areas of the ground. Meanwhile, English can't play to his real strength whilst Cordy continually gets outmarked.

We lost this game tactically (allowing Sydney to chip through us) and via selection, but our effort was also off. I'm surprised we didn't get put away by 8+ goals.

Our coaches really need to settle on a proper structure ie 3 key defenders (Keath, Young, Cordy/Gardiner), 2 rucks (English, Martin/Sweet) and 2 key forwards (Naughton and Bruce). Then fill out the rest of the side accordingly, but we simply aren't winning finals with English as a solo ruck, Young as a KPD-Ruck-KPF, and Cordy as our second KPD for large stretches of the game
    W00F!

16. Likes Grantysghost, macca, DOG GOD, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

A guy who needs confidence and consistency, yet we're throwing him in all 3 areas of the ground. Meanwhile, English can't play to his real strength whilst Cordy continually gets outmarked.

We lost this game tactically (allowing Sydney to chip through us) and via selection, but our effort was also off. I'm surprised we didn't get put away by 8+ goals.

Our coaches really need to settle on a proper structure ie 3 key defenders (Keath, Young, Cordy/Gardiner), 2 rucks (English, Martin/Sweet) and 2 key forwards (Naughton and Bruce). Then fill out the rest of the side accordingly, but we simply aren't winning finals with English as a solo ruck, Young as a KPD-Ruck-KPF, and Cordy as our second KPD for large stretches of the game
    The trouble is Sweet is not setting the world on fire to cover the ruck.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Could we have swung Dale forward in the 2nd half? Our forward line just wasn't functioning
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

You know I'm going to agree with all this.