Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  63
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R18 2021

Crazy!!! Had more endeavour than pretty much all of the 22 great signs indeed.

The whole team handballs over their head, he may have overdone it once but generally very effective with it.

Garcia is a genuine chance of making best 22 at the end of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Weird to see criticism of Garcia when much more experienced players were twice as bad.

The whole team handballs over their head, he may have overdone it once but generally very effective with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Bontempelli: 36 disposals, 18 contested possessions, 9 clearances, 33 pressure acts and 504 metres gained.

Macrae, fastest player to get to 5000 disposals in the history of the AFL/VFL.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray, DOG GOD, Eastdog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post

No doubt he is going to make it, but those handballs over his head were just plain dumb
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The Suns have been in good form and they cracked in all night. We were virtually two players down with Dunkley and Astro completely out of sorts coming back from long term injury and concussion respectively. But we won. I'll take it.

There were some bad signs down back. We were frequently outnumbered around the ball and, apart from Keath, looked very vulnerable in the air. Bailey Dale was very good and I was happy with Richards.

JUH was very good and I am so pleased for him. He's only a kid and the pressure that the media put on these kids, by manufacturing a "story" when none exists is reprehensible.

The sooner we get Stef Martin back the better. English had a real opportunity to dominate today and missed it. Too often he got his hand on the ball first but failed to hit to advantage. He did show that he can kick a goal when needed.

We were blessed to have Jacko particularly in the last five minutes. He was so calm and concise with the ball.

It so often said that good sides win when playing poorly. That was us for mine. A win is a win is a win.

7. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not being mentioned much was Macrae's game. Didn't get the 40 touches but effective kicks and 2 goals. Prefer that type of game from him TBH.

9. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bontempelli: 36 disposals, 18 contested possessions, 9 clearances, 33 pressure acts and 504 metres gained.

Bont’s game was pretty crazy, he looked a little sore in the shoulder, early on he seemed just a fraction off the pace. To still have the influence and volume of work he had, just incredible.

Macrae’s two goals were very good. Great to see him bob up and have that direct, scoreboard influence.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Bontempelli, also 15 clangers. Not to say he wasn’t our BOG (although probably Macrae for mine) and at times exceptional, but he’ll need to clean that up before finals

13. Likes Stefcep, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    The Suns have been in good form and they cracked in all night. We were virtually two players down with Dunkley and Astro completely out of sorts coming back from long term injury and concussion respectively. But we won. I'll take it.

There were some bad signs down back. We were frequently outnumbered around the ball and, apart from Keath, looked very vulnerable in the air. Bailey Dale was very good and I was happy with Richards.

JUH was very good and I am so pleased for him. He's only a kid and the pressure that the media put on these kids, by manufacturing a "story" when none exists is reprehensible.

The sooner we get Stef Martin back the better. English had a real opportunity to dominate today and missed it. Too often he got his hand on the ball first but failed to hit to advantage. He did show that he can kick a goal when needed.

We were blessed to have Jacko particularly in the last five minutes. He was so calm and concise with the ball.

It so often said that good sides win when playing poorly. That was us for mine. A win is a win is a win.
    Bontempelli Bailey Smith and Macrae with 100 possessions between them was the difference. The forward line was again patchy with Jamarra showing class and excitement. Using Bruce as the second string ruck man is a concern with Young being the preferred option. We are a better team with Liberatore in the midfield. I agree that Richards is a good inclusion to our defence whilst Duryea continues to play well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Bontempelli Bailey Smith and Macrae with 100 possessions between them was the difference. The forward line was again patchy with Jamarra showing class and excitement. Using Bruce as the second string ruck man is a concern with Young being the preferred option. We are a better team with Liberatore in the midfield. I agree that Richards is a good inclusion to our defence whilst Duryea continues to play well.
    The delivery to the forwards was appalling for the most part.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While we were done in contested marks and uncontested marks, we tightened up the uncontested possession differential this week and it just made it harder for them to get clean ball into their forward line and score.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Martin is a massive out. We need him, Libba and Treloar fit and firing.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Dane Swan
    @swandane
    19h
    I’m just about convinced now that the AFL have given a direction to the umpires to help the Gold Coast Suns. Jesus Christ have they been looked after tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Dane Swan
    @swandane
    19h
    I’m just about convinced now that the AFL have given a direction to the umpires to help the Gold Coast Suns. Jesus Christ have they been looked after tonight.
    He's overly emotional if he thinks that happens.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"