Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  280
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R19 2021

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Also wtf was with the commentary tonight. I know it's always bad but some of it was downright deplorable. Going on about how Melbourne supporters would be booing about the freekick count, when I thought the umpires were pretty good for the most part (maybe biased i dunno probably not the best place to ask).
    It was disgraceful. They were banging on about Oliver, they even went boundary side at quarter time and spoke about him again after Caleb had set up our quarter time lead in which we well and truly deserved.

Then BT was stating that Hannan has had a really good year? WTF? They just don't do any analysis on 7 always about the boys club and celebrity.

They also didn't mention when Melbourne was coming that the dogs were down two players and also failed to mention the players we had out which are significant.

2. Likes jeemak, BornInDroopSt'54, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Eastdog, bulldogtragic, KT31, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive always thought he’s more Joe Daniher than Buddy, but that level of speed is something neither of them have ever had. And I think Buddy is the best player of all time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Weightmans rise from possible bust draft pick to maybe the most exciting player in a team with Naughton and Bont is incredible. That mark was amazing and I am so sad nobody got to witness it live. Has to be played in real time to appreciate it fully, he moved in slow motion up the.
    Love your work as always but I don't remember Weightman being considered a bust.......well not reasonably anyway albeit he was probably potted a bit unfairly after a few games last year in a tough time for second tier game quality.

Like we've all got our hobby horses for negativity, I've always been positive about Cody because I understood from the get go that he was never going to fit the mould we thought we needed him to fit.....but he always from day one showed he could add value at the level.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    It was disgraceful. They were banging on about Oliver, they even went boundary side at quarter time and spoke about him again after Caleb had set up our quarter time lead in which we well and truly deserved.

Then BT was stating that Hannan has had a really good year? WTF? They just don't do any analysis on 7 always about the boys club and celebrity.

They also didn't mention when Melbourne was coming that the dogs were down two players and also failed to mention the players we had out which are significant.
    Don't watch the footy shows this week. We'll get kudos for stealing (funnily the words Peter Ryan used in his The Age match report) top spot instead of earning it, and that'll be it. Nothing else will come our way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    .. this season.
    I think a number of Woofers BT judge him too harshly. In my eyes he has had a good season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Don't watch the footy shows this week. We'll get kudos for stealing (funnily the words Peter Ryan used in his The Age match report) top spot instead of earning it, and that'll be it. Nothing else will come our way.
    And yet I think that's a good thing. No one rates us.
    I begrudgingly respect that too. We need to just win baby...that's the only thing we all can agree on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I think a number of Woofers BT judge him too harshly. In my eyes he has had a good season.
    He's been thrown around a bit position and role wise, and he's getting more attention. He's also having to revert to doing more heavy lifting given Dunks and Treloar have been out. However, his overall productivity is better than his career (and his career averages take into account this year as well, remember):

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=C

11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love your work as always but I don't remember Weightman being considered a bust.......well not reasonably anyway albeit he was probably potted a bit unfairly after a few games last year in a tough time for second tier game quality.

Like we've all got our hobby horses for negativity, I've always been positive about Cody because I understood from the get go that he was never going to fit the mould we thought we needed him to fit.....but he always from day one showed he could add value at the level.
    Yeah my bad. Might of gotten a bit carried away trying to paint the rags to riches narrative.

His rise from contending with the likes of Cavarra for a spot to where he is now is more to my meaning I guess.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of you and not me were definitely calling him a bust.

Not me though, never even one time and I’d like to see you prove it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Some of you and not me were definitely calling him a bust.

Not me though, never even one time and I’d like to see you prove it.
    I could do some searching, but can't be bothered
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I hope he’s getting better. There was a sustained run of poor games that seemed a little glossed over. I wouldn’t say good or bad necessarily, rather not to the standards I thought he could and should be hitting. I don’t know whether Dunks & Treloar in the side is a good thing or bad thing for him and the roles he may play. I guess time will tell.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I’ll guarantee during the game we will see all of Brown, McDonald, Jackson, Fritsch, spargo, and Pickett all take one on one marks
    Fritsch and McDonald, multiple.
    Dear sir, I would to discuss your guarantee..,

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't win it without Keath....possibly. But we just beat Melbourne without Keath without being able to plan for it.

Start getting positive, this is *!*!*!*!ing great and we should be lapping it up.
    I just read this thread after the game. I need to see a psych.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see Schache take the challenge on today and he certainly played his part in a fine win

Daniel, Liberatore. Hunter, Dale and Duryea all had good games plus I thought English put in a stellar performance.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"