Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  280
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R19 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I am so thrilled with this win. Gutsy, brave, against the odds.

I’d like to know how many smothers we had. We were 2016-style with that ability to stifle the ball in close.

Not that we really need a reminder how good Libba is, but I reckon he’d been steaming since he lowered his colours in our earlier match with them.

It was so important not to go into finals without having a win against them. So many things went wrong for us injury-wise but every time they looked dangerous we found a way. And yeah I know Cordy can be, er, frustrating, but with Keath out I reckon he played his heart out.

I’m looking forward to watching it again, as Kayo and the NBN let me down big time with freezes at the wrong moment. A great win, I’m just so proud.
    Cracking call on the smothers Trag. I heard around the start of the last we were around 16-18 to six or something similar. We then had a few more to round out the evening.

Whilst we let Oliver off the chain a bit, and Viney got a hold of us from time to time, we were really good in not allowing clean takeaways and smothering was a massive part of that.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez that was a tense game to sit through, felt like we were out of legs in the last and then 3 goals later we were on top of the world. A fun kind of tense though, I love watching is when it's tight and our intensity is up, we are so good to watch in traffic even if other aspects of our game can be a bit facepalm worthy.

Weightmans rise from barely in the MC's thoughts to maybe the most exciting player in a team with Naughton and Bont is incredible. That mark was amazing and I am so sad nobody got to witness it live. Has to be played in real time to appreciate it fully, he moved in slow motion up there.

Really pleased for Schache. Am I convinced thats the answer long term? No. But it's a solid start and I am very glad we will be trying to pursue this as atleast it has longevity if it comes off instead of trying to make him a good 5th tall forward.

English did well in the ruck, not in a traditional sense with hitouts and the like but he really limited Gawns impact and was ok around the ground. I was unsold on him as anybody as a ruckman after last year but he has made some real progress this season, I still want a real one though.
    Last edited by soupman; 24-07-2021 at 11:51 PM.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I just thought I would park this here

Weightman mark.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/653408/...=1627126179001

5. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So how influential was Gawn tonight?
    He smashed English in hit outs.
    Thought English had moments that mattered more.

Post Thanks / Like

Also wtf was with the commentary tonight. I know it's always bad but some of it was downright deplorable. Going on about how Melbourne supporters would be booing about the freekick count, when I thought the umpires were pretty good for the most part (maybe biased i dunno probably not the best place to ask).

8. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dees played the man and really tried to get into us physically. No surprise the free kick count ended up lopsided.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Credit to JUH as well for persisting throughout the game. Was really quiet and struggled to have an impact, but really pleasing that he kept presenting right to the end and getting rewarded in the last like that can only reinforce that good behaviour.

12. Likes jeemak, merantau, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So how influential was Gawn tonight?
    He smashed English in hit outs.
    Thought English had moments that mattered more.
    Gawn was v influential in the middle but around the ground, I thought Timmy stuck to his task well. Gawn normally gobbles up marks for fun against us and tonight he only had the 2 which was a massive win. Timmy also had 5 tackles.

If he can work out how to prevent the real monsters from out positioning him and grabbing the ball from the ruck, he may end up a viable #1.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Credit to JUH as well for persisting throughout the game. Was really quiet and struggled to have an impact, but really pleasing that he kept presenting right to the end and getting rewarded in the last like that can only reinforce that good behaviour.
    He is lightning on the lead. Absolutely torched Lever.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's amazing to see how much separation he gets. It's like when a free kick gets paid and everyone stops except for one guy who is trying to take advantage, but in this case it's just JUH leading.

16. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also wtf was with the commentary tonight. I know it's always bad but some of it was downright deplorable. Going on about how Melbourne supporters would be booing about the freekick count, when I thought the umpires were pretty good for the most part (maybe biased i dunno probably not the best place to ask).
    The reason why we earn free kicks is because we know how to and we practice it. Bevo said very early on when it became a point of contention around the traps that's what we do. It's just another skill that makes us difficult to play against.

Post Thanks / Like

How awesome is that experience for Marra?
    Out of the game for 3Qtrs......yet finds himself pivotal to the final result.
    That's gotta be a massive settler for him. He only gets better from here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Again, the Buddy comparisons are a bit lazy with JUH but wow, he is five to ten clear very very quickly just like Buddy used to be. Once he gets confident with his ball handling he'll be out of control.

Post Thanks / Like

The free-kick count should have been even more lob-sided. There were definatly calls we didn't get and calls they shouldn't have got.

21. Likes Bulldog4life, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    WE. WANT. DOG GOD!!!!!!!

Come back mate, and join in the revelry. We are top of the ladder, get amongst it mate, we want you here!!!!!!! Come on!
    Indeed. We need diversified views here, we know how much you love the Dogs, that's well established.