Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  280
Page 1 of 41 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Melbourne R19 2021

Margin:
    First goal:
    Best on ground:
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R19 2021

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Melb by 19 pts
    First goal - weightman
    Bog- macrae
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 14
    First goal: JJ
    BOG: Macrae
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 4 points
    First goal: Bruce
    Best on ground: The Bont

Post Thanks / Like

Silver lining of the fixture being switched is we're not playing in Ballarat on Saturday. Forecast is 7 degrees (which is about 2 degrees in real terms) and absolutely pi**ing down!

No idea how our game will go. After each loss, the Demons have played a top 8 team the week after and beaten them.

Last time Melbourne let Cordy stand in the pocket to be the outlet option from kick ins and we constantly took the bait. If that happens again, we're in trouble.
    Last edited by comrade; 20-07-2021 at 08:41 AM.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely JJ plays as a defensive forward on Salem?
    Hopefully JJ has the composure to take his opportunities in front of goal when they present.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne are mixed lollies who knows which one will turn up on Saturday. What I do know is that the gap between our very worse and our very best is narrower than theirs but their very best is probably a bit better.

Bulldogs by 4 points
    FG Weightman
    BOG Bontempelli

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Melbourne are mixed lollies who knows which one will turn up on Saturday. What I do know is that the gap between our very worse and our very best is narrower than theirs but their very best is probably a bit better.

Bulldogs by 4 points
    FG Weightman
    BOG Bontempelli
    I would say our best is more exhilarating/higher level, but they've been able to get a lot closer to theirs against the top 8 teams than we have. But it's all elementary anyway, if you can't play near your best against the good sides what's the point?

Big test for Bevo.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish we weren’t playing them right now with our injury list and the group looking tired, as if they win they get a psychological boost.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I would say our best is more exhilarating/higher level, but they've been able to get a lot closer to theirs against the top 8 teams than we have. But it's all elementary anyway, if you can't play near your best against the good sides what's the point?

Big test for Bevo.
    It would be nice to play one of the top teams with something like our best team... makes it hard to play your best when you don't have your best cattle on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Melbourne are mixed lollies...
    I think Melbourne have turned up every time they have been challenged.

Have they dropped some games against lower teams? Sure they have. But put a top 8 opponent on the menu and they have been brilliant.

I don't like predicting outcomes but without Martin, Dunks and Treloar I'm really not sure how we win this. The case for us would be (of course) Liber is rested and has a 'Liber game' and Naughton is better for the run. I think Melbourne's kryptonite is an opposition forward who can get May and Lever guessing by actually clunking a couple...the trouble is, no-one has been able to do it.

Over to you Aaron.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

14. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think Melbourne have turned up every time they have been challenged.

Have they dropped some games against lower teams? Sure they have. But put a top 8 opponent on the menu and they have been brilliant.

I don't like predicting outcomes but without Martin, Dunks and Treloar I'm really not sure how we win this. The case for us would be (of course) Liber is rested and has a 'Liber game' and Naughton is better for the run. I think Melbourne's kryptonite is an opposition forward who can get May and Lever guessing by actually clunking a couple...the trouble is, no-one has been able to do it.

Over to you Aaron.
    Agreed Melbourne have been very good when it has mattered and I'm really worried about the fluency with which they move the ball. The games they've dropped are clearly related to some kind of mental road block but when it counts they come to play. If we can get on top early I think that's our best chance. Perhaps putting scoreboard pressure on them early can sew the seeds of doubt.

As Comrade says much of this will be won or lost in the box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It would be nice to play one of the top teams with something like our best team... makes it hard to play your best when you don't have your best cattle on the field.
    A plus is that they haven't played against us this year with Dunks and Treloar....hope he makes it this year...in our team. A nice surprise for them in the finals.

Post Thanks / Like

One difference v last time we played them is that now Melbourne have lost multiple games (plus the draw) since we have more data/game play to analyse and work from to devise a winning plan. No excuses for us to fall into the same traps as our last game and I expect a MUCH better performance.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post