Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  64
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Adelaide Crows R20 2021

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I thought that was our best TEAM win for the year. Some of the lesser lghts had very good games - Roarke Smith, Scott, Hannan. We are travelling well.
    Caleb Daniel is an absolute super star. When he has the ball it's as if there is a force field arouńd him that gives him that instant of time to allow him to make the right decision. But it's a force field he creates himself with lightning changes of direction, subtle body movements, swerves, turns and shimmiys. But overall it is his masterful grasp of geography - he just knows where everyone IS! He is a UNIQUE footballer. I defy anyone to name a player of similar physical attributes who can influence a game in the same way that he does.
    I think Caleb is going to be one of those players we look back on and marvel at what he did and how he did it after time's past. His kicking skills are rightfully lauded, but his gathering/ handling skills on the first touch are the best I've ever seen.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Just a note for all commentators its Caleb Daniel, not Daniels! The kid is a star at least we can do is get his name right.
    Mate, it's inconceivable that they'd get an All Australian, premiership player, most unique person in the competition's name wrong.....you should probably check your facts.....

3. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache's got a long way to go in adjusting to the nuances of defending, but the good thing is they're things you can learn reasonably quickly if you're talented, willing to listen and eager to learn.

The best forwards in the league beat the best defenders in the league oftentimes three or four times a game. Defending's a tough gig, and Josh just needs to keep his head up and keep having a go at it for a few weeks.

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the game today at a pub in Prahran, and an early afternoon has turned into a late night or early morning........massive grazing session.

Can't really think about too many specific things to get my jollies over when it came to the game, other than the job was done properly, reasonably efficiently and without too much fuss. It's the type of win a 16/4 team should put on the board and move on from.

7. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Schache's got a long way to go in adjusting to the nuances of defending, but the good thing is they're things you can learn reasonably quickly if you're talented, willing to listen and eager to learn.

The best forwards in the league beat the best defenders in the league oftentimes three or four times a game. Defending's a tough gig, and Josh just needs to keep his head up and keep having a go at it for a few weeks.
    Walker has been one of the best forwards this year - so not losing sleep over Schache losing a few contests 1:1. His positioning, ball use and intercepting are probably the more important traits with Keath, Gardner in the wings and Cordy in the side. He did those things well.

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Caleb is going to be one of those players we look back on and marvel at what he did and how he did it after time's past. His kicking skills are rightfully lauded, but his gathering/ handling skills on the first touch are the best I've ever seen.
    Gathering skills below knees easily the best player I've ever seen. I wish he could work with Hannan little on this.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the game today at a pub in Prahran, and an early afternoon has turned into a late night or early morning........massive grazing session.

Can't really think about too many specific things to get my jollies over when it came to the game, other than the job was done properly, reasonably efficiently and without too much fuss. It's the type of win a 16/4 team should put on the board and move on from.
    That’s a great post for 3:39am. These 12:20 Saturday games are trouble.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He possibly has the best change of direction in the competition.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate what we have. He's the best pound for pound footballer I've ever seen.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He possibly has the best change of direction in the competition.
    There are a lot of prejudices of players purely based on perceptions of weight, age and (a lack of) height but despite being very small by AFL football standards Daniel has an exceptionally high footy IQ and is one of the best decision makers we have seen plus he has the skills to back that up.

He is proof that clubs and supporters need to be open to looking past some of those prejudices.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice call out, Daniel makes a big difference to a lot of the games for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by bornadog; 01-08-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Coaches Votes

10 Bailey Dale (WB)
    7 Caleb Daniel (WB)
    7 Jack Macrae (WB)
    2 Tom Liberatore (WB)
    2 Lachie Hunter (WB)
    1 Rory Sloane (ADEL)
    1 Bailey Smith (WB)

Leader Board

101 Clayton Oliver MELB
    94 Marcus Bontempelli WB
    90 Samuel Walsh CARL
    89 Ollie Wines PORT
    85 Touk Miller GCFC
    79 Jack Steele STK
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.