Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  188
Page 1 of 54 123456789101151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R23 2021

Margin:
    First goal:
    Best on ground:
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R23 2021

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Margin: Dogs by 4 points
    First goal: Cody Weightman
    Best on ground: Marcus Bontempelli

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 17

First Goal: Libba

BOG The Bont
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 45

First Goal: Cody

BOG: Treloar

8. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by ten
    First Goal: Tim English
    BOG: Jack the leather magnet.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

10. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a nice summary of how our midfield has fallen apart recently, from a North supporters blog (The Shinboner) link

If we can even up/get on top of centre clearances, we're a chance. We've still won plenty of games with just Tim rucking, there's no excuses.

I need this Dogs.

12. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    This is a nice summary of how our midfield has fallen apart recently, from a North supporters blog (The Shinboner) link

If we can even up/get on top of centre clearances, we're a chance. We've still won plenty of games with just Tim rucking, there's no excuses.

I need this Dogs.
    Nice analysis. A lot if this has been brought up here, but this analysis goes into some great specifics.

Also shows that it’s between the ears. If our mids can’t figure it out, it’s time to change personnel a little.

Interesting to read that we base our game on winning the ball due to our talent. Is this actually undoing us by creating a bit of laziness?

Post Thanks / Like

I need this Dogs.
    Bazlenka is the main culprit in those clips, some atrocious attention to detail there. Macrae isn't much better unfortunately.

No surprises to see the opposition ruckman doing what he pleases in the clips, too.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I need this Dogs.
    That's some really great analysis... based on that and the real glaringly obvious lapses, I'm hoping we see a better performance in positioning from especially Bailey, but also Macrae.

Post Thanks / Like

The vision is quite damning isn’t it? Baz and Macrae in particular. Poor Dunks having to defend the entire opposition midfield. Is this part of his frustrations? I’d be pretty damned pissed if this happened repeatedly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    That's some really great analysis... based on that and the real glaringly obvious lapses, I'm hoping we see a better performance in positioning from especially Bailey, but also Macrae.
    I mean, this stuff they’re doing is fundamental right? To do it 2 weeks in a row is very disappointing to say the least, especially from an experienced guy like Jack. How many chances do you give them before you say you need a spell?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Based on those clips I hope we don't see Smith in the centre much, if at all. Macrae we know can be and must be better.

Post Thanks / Like

And of course, the ruck is a HUGE source of all these issues. Not knowing how effective Tim will be at simply halving the contest would hurt. But then in some ways our guys should be prepared knowing 99% of the time they’re going to have to defend.

Post Thanks / Like

I need this Dogs.
    That is very good we need more of this in AFL (there are many people who do this in the world game).

This video showing Stringer exiting the stoppages as Treloar and Smith are bystanders is pretty indicative of what I've seen a fair bit. No wonder 2MP kicked 7. Macrae really didn't position himself well defensively either but I get they setup sometimes to be attacking. It's a fine line.

https://gfycat.com/tandeficientbetafish

Both times Tim was comprehensively beaten by Draper too. We need him to at least half these. It's never going to go all your way of course but we need to get close to even.