Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    BONT made another deposit on the 2021 Brownlow Medal, Bailey Smith had his best game of the year and as for Aaron Naughton if he isn't already the best key forward in the game at 21, he will be by the end of the year.

    And there were at least a dozen other major positives for the Western Bulldogs in their massive, season-shaping win against West Coast in Perth.

    Crucial status as a top-two seeded finalist is now fully in their control. After 14 matches, they've got the competition's best percentage by a long way, sit one game behind ladder leader Melbourne, and one game ahead of Brisbane, Port Adelaide and Geelong.

    Marcus Bontempelli simply does not play a bad game, and there are now 159 matches of evidence to prove that. He again exuded authority and control in Sunday's match with 29 disposals and three goals, including one that might just be the clubhouse leader for goal of the year. Smith, reverting to the inside-midfield role that propelled him to AFL stardom in just his second season in 2020, was equally crucial in the demolition of the Eagles.

    Naughton booted four goals, three in the last quarter when the Bulldogs embarrassed their opponents. His presence under the incoming long bomb from teammates makes for compelling viewing. He hits the ball, seemingly every single time, at full velocity, and without fear of hurting himself or anyone, including teammates.

    You could put all the AFL's key forwards up against a wall and ask me to take a pick, and I'd be taking Naughton in a heartbeat. He might have the most X-factor of anyone in the comp and, at 21, is behind only Bont as his team's most important player in the push for the 2021 flag.

    In analysing the Bulldogs' smashing of the Eagles on Sunday, don't underestimate the club's ability to overcome the mentally draining outcomes of last weekend's after-siren loss to Geelong, and then being forced to quarantine in Perth for seven days.
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

  2. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes macca, Dry Rot, Mutz, DOG GOD, Testekill liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    6,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    BONT made another deposit on the 2021 Brownlow Medal, Bailey Smith had his best game of the year and as for Aaron Naughton – if he isn't already the best key forward in the game at 21, he will be by the end of the year.

    And there were at least a dozen other major positives for the Western Bulldogs in their massive, season-shaping win against West Coast in Perth.

    Crucial status as a top-two seeded finalist is now fully in their control. After 14 matches, they've got the competition's best percentage by a long way, sit one game behind ladder leader Melbourne, and one game ahead of Brisbane, Port Adelaide and Geelong.

    Marcus Bontempelli simply does not play a bad game, and there are now 159 matches of evidence to prove that. He again exuded authority and control in Sunday's match with 29 disposals and three goals, including one that might just be the clubhouse leader for goal of the year. Smith, reverting to the inside-midfield role that propelled him to AFL stardom in just his second season in 2020, was equally crucial in the demolition of the Eagles.

    Naughton booted four goals, three in the last quarter when the Bulldogs embarrassed their opponents. His presence under the incoming long bomb from teammates makes for compelling viewing. He hits the ball, seemingly every single time, at full velocity, and without fear of hurting himself or anyone, including teammates.

    You could put all the AFL's key forwards up against a wall and ask me to take a pick, and I'd be taking Naughton in a heartbeat. He might have the most X-factor of anyone in the comp and, at 21, is behind only Bont as his team's most important player in the push for the 2021 flag.

    In analysing the Bulldogs' smashing of the Eagles on Sunday, don't underestimate the club's ability to overcome the mentally draining outcomes of last weekend's after-siren loss to Geelong, and then being forced to quarantine in Perth for seven days.
    I love our club getting praise, and our players kudos.... but I can't help but throw up in my mouth a little bil when the praise comes from Barrett.

  4. Likes Testekill liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,865
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    I'm pretty sure this is just an ode to WOOF, where he gets most of his material.

    Happy to be gracious, he's on the money and it's better to just lap it up rather than worry about from where it came.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    11,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    The best midfielder and key forward in the game are Bulldogs players. Just wanted to unpack that.

  7. Likes Testekill liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    Imagine what he’d be like towards us if he and Bevo buried the hatchet? Would be a solid trade for replacing Stevo as chief cheerleader:

    In: Barrett, head of afel media
    Out: Stevo, Ch7 now Liberal Party
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

  9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Testekill liked this post
  10. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The best midfielder and key forward in the game are Bulldogs players. Just wanted to unpack that.
    Top 2 key defender too for those of us who actually watch the games.
    - RIP Goldstein for 2021 First - 2020-2020 -

  11. Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog, Testekill liked this post
  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,413
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Imagine what he’d be like towards us if he and Bevo buried the hatchet? Would be a solid trade for replacing Stevo as chief cheerleader:

    In: Barrett, head of afel media
    Out: Stevo, Ch7 now Liberal Party
    I've heard Barrett say once or twice that it will never happen, that it's beyond repair.

  13. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
  14. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The best midfielder and key forward in the game are Bulldogs players. Just wanted to unpack that.
    I love that quote, so for the moment, i am going to extrapolate that and enjoy that moment once again.

    The best midfielder: Bonts
    The second best midfielder : Macrae ( apologies, but your all class)
    The best contested midfielder : Libba

    The best contested mark: AstroNaughton

    The best forward line in the competition, yes thats us.

  15. Likes josie liked this post
  16. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    11,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I've heard Barrett say once or twice that it will never happen, that it's beyond repair.
    Well the rumour is that Bevo did threaten to turn his face into a plate of dropped lasagne following the harassment
    of Tom Boyd.

  17. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    reading that makes me realise just how pathetic a journalist he is. Nothing in there has any insight or analysis of the game of players he mentions than what is blatantly obvious. Whilst it is nice that even the most pathetic journalistic grudge is overwhelmed by our form - he needs to stick to spilling secrets he gleans from low grade club employees and leave his "opinion" on players to those who merit having one.
    The dam wall has busted!

  18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
  19. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: BARRETT: Season in Dogs Control

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Well the rumour is that Bevo did threaten to turn his face into a plate of dropped lasagne following the harassment
    of Tom Boyd.
    I heard Bevo got him up against a wall at the 2015 brownlow because he outed kyle cheeney as the source on Talia-gate
    The dam wall has busted!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •