1. Liberatore

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF Player Awards 2021 - R16 Dogs vs North

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    4. Dale
    3. Cordy
    2. Weightman
    1. Liberatore
    Good to see Cordy in the votes, I thought he played his best game this year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy was solid again defensively but his decision making is treacle slow. Really need to avoid using him in switch scenarios.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Cordy was solid again defensively but his decision making is treacle slow. Really need to avoid using him in switch scenarios.
    Serious question - without a hint of smart ar$e - were you at the game?
    In the second half particularly, North had a very good period of closing down our outlet kicks coming out of defence and the game was in a mode where we had to go slow and try and pick through them. We really struggled for a period of 6-8 minutes there in particular. Not having Naughton, and Goldstein dominating English meant we didn't have the 'get out' option overly available and when Williams tried to go quickly a few times, it just ended up coming back in. It may not have been apparent on TV just how well North had the ground set up during the last quarter (which our fatigue probably contributed to). The options just weren't there.

I really think Zaine was outstanding yesterday, defending deeper than usual with less height in our back half - I can't recall him being beaten in a contest.

Post Thanks / Like

In the second half particularly, North had a very good period of closing down our outlet kicks coming out of defence and the game was in a mode where we had to go slow and try and pick through them. We really struggled for a period of 6-8 minutes there in particular. Not having Naughton, and Goldstein dominating English meant we didn't have the 'get out' option overly available and when Williams tried to go quickly a few times, it just ended up coming back in. It may not have been apparent on TV just how well North had the ground set up during the last quarter (which our fatigue probably contributed to). The options just weren't there.

I really think Zaine was outstanding yesterday, defending deeper than usual with less height in our back half - I can't recall him being beaten in a contest.
    You should be in politics!

He lost 2 that I can remember. One against Goldy when Keath should've helped him out and another against Zurhaar when he pulled in the one hander in the last qtr.

But in saying that Zaine was pretty good otherwise... but his slow ball movement is a concern especially when we struggled in the air forward of the ball.

6. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

He lost 2 that I can remember. One against Goldy when Keath should've helped him out and another against Zurhaar when he pulled in the one hander in the last qtr.

But in saying that Zaine was pretty good otherwise... but his slow ball movement is a concern especially when we struggled in the air forward of the ball.
    Goldy towers over Cordy, so you can forgive him on that one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the ground and North did set up well, no arguments, and that's why we shouldn't be giving the ball to Cordy in open space on a switch. There's a reason opposition teams leave him free as an outlet. Melbourne did it all game, too.

And Cords definitely lost a few contests. He also failed to get back deep in the goal square to provide cover when Goldy outmarked English in the last qtr.

He was solid but not in our best 4, imo.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

4. Libba
    3. Dale
    2. Weightman
    1. Macrae

2. Weightman
    1. Smith
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

4. Dale
    3. Libba
    2. Weightman
    1. Macrae

2. Weightman
    1. Young
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Marmo
    4 - Tom Liberatore
    3 - Cody Weightman
    2 - Bailey Dale
    1 - Jackson Macrae

James
    2 - Cody Weightman
    1 - Lewis Young

Post Thanks / Like

4. Tom Liberatore
    3. Jackson MacRae
    2. Bailey Williams
    1. Cody Weightman
    Apologies to Mitch Wallis, Bailey Dale and Alex Keath
    2. Cody Weightman
    1. Lewis Young

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I was at the ground and North did set up well, no arguments, and that's why we shouldn't be giving the ball to Cordy in open space on a switch. There's a reason opposition teams leave him free as an outlet. Melbourne did it all game, too.

And Cords definitely lost a few contests. He also failed to get back deep in the goal square to provide cover when Goldy outmarked English in the last qtr.

He was solid but not in our best 4, imo.
    I thought Keath was better than Cordy. Keath always looks like he is playing within himself, conserving his energy, doing the bare minimum by spoiling instead of trying to mark, giving it off instead of going for a run, and going the safe option with his disposal, but I think he showed more yesterday
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I just like Zaine Cordy. He brings a hardness to our back line. Khamis is coming along, just watching the Footscray footage, but nobody as good as him to fill that spot for now. Like Fletcher Roberts, I'm afraid he always ends up a whipping boy. But in general I think he seems to do well. It's hard to tell via TV when you miss a lot of play down back.

I don't see Mitch Wallis getting much praise.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I just like Zaine Cordy. He brings a hardness to our back line. Khamis is coming along, just watching the Footscray footage, but nobody as good as him to fill that spot for now. Like Fletcher Roberts, I'm afraid he always ends up a whipping boy. But in general I think he seems to do well. It's hard to tell via TV when you miss a lot of play down back.

I don't see Mitch Wallis getting much praise.
    In terms of votes? It was a solid game from Mitch, but not worthy of votes.

Post Thanks / Like

4. Dale
    3. Libba
    2. Weightman
    1. Macrae

2. Weightman
    1. Young