Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned. Round eighteen 2021 v Gold Coast Suns

Tell us three things you've learned today
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round eighteen 2021 v Gold Coast Suns

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Barely beating North, GCS and losing at home to Sydney needs to turn around. Sure two wins are great, but a lot of issues.

2. We won by 11 points. Our second game kicked 18.

3. I’m worried about selfishness and discipline. Naughton giving a free kick away while JJ was having a shot, something he’s done many times this year. Bailey Smith taking the mark off Jamarra last week. Wally & Hannan making choices more consistent with selection, than team. Ben King kicks a touch shot into the post, but Caleb abuses the umpire and then gifts him the goal and run to win the game. I thought we were the most selfless and most disciplines team in it a month ago. I’m not getting that feeling anymore.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Dry Rot, Mutz, Dancin' Douggy, ratsmac, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1. Barely beating North, GCS and losing at home to Sydney needs to turn around. Sure two wins are great, but a lot of issues.

2. We won by 11 points. Our second game kicked 18.

3. I’m worried about selfishness and discipline. Naughton giving a free kick away while JJ was having a shot, something he’s done many times this year. Bailey Smith taking the mark off Jamarra last week. Wally & Hannan making choices more consistent with selection, than team. Ben King kicks a touch shot into the post, but Caleb abuses the umpire and then gifts him the goal and run to win the game. I thought we were the most selfless and most disciplines team in it a month ago. I’m not getting that feeling anymore.
    Totally agree with this. I’ve noticed some ugliness rearing it’s head over the last month.

Anyone who thinks we are going to win a final playing like we are….well.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Totally agree with this. I’ve noticed some ugliness rearing it’s head over the last month.

Anyone who thinks we are going to win a final playing like we are….well.
    The god thing is there’s only a bit of damage done last week. But fitness into Libba & Dunks helps. Treloar, Wood, Young & Martin is massive. We can win this season. No doubts. If the players get fit and into form is one thing. But discipline and selflessness can start from right now through every game we play this season. That was our greatest asset the season to date. We need to fullyrediscover it across every 23 players, every week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. Cordy, Crozier and Roarke Smith should be no more than fill-ins, if that, in the backline for the rest of the season.
    2. We look a lot better when Bailey Dale is able to charge off the backline.
    3. Keath impresses every week with his calmness and skill.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Very unconvincing win. I'm now starting to seriously worry about our form over the past few weeks. More changes are needed to shock the team out of complacency.

2. Was pleased to see Dunks return but he clearly needs time to get back his full grunt (although he did lead tackles today).

3. Pleasure to see the much vaunted skills of JUH at AFL level.

Extra. Gold-plate Dale's right boot and mount it on Barkly St.

Bonus. Bont must need some work done on his piriforms after all the shimmying he did today – just poetic to watch.

9. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We haven't lost interstate this year, unlike years gone by.

2. Still need to deliver the ball into the F50 without bombing it and actually hit targets

3. Can't stand what the AFL have done to this game - very evident with the confusion with holding the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The manic handball we had at the beginning of the year is no longer there.
    2. Have we been going through a heavy training load over the past couple of weeks? I hope so as we need an excuse for our performances over the past 3 weeks.
    3. Smith has had so many chances and there is no spot for him. Surely we have others to play his role.

We will turn it around once we get Libber, Wood, Treloar, MacLean and Martin back.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax everyone it's still July. Hawthorn are level with Melbourne at 3QT. The Suns are playing well. We got the 4 points. Next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Relax everyone it's still July. Hawthorn are level with Melbourne at 3QT. The Suns are playing well. We got the 4 points. Next.
    Exactly. They are in good form and we've been all over the country in the last 6 weeks or so. We have around 6 best 22 to come back in and we still won 3 of our last 4. Winning is a habit and it's a habit we are in.

1. We managed to get a rest for Libba and still wwin
    2. We won all our interstate games
    3. Marra has it. He's going to be an ideal addition to the team for the run home to the end of the season.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Spot on every team goes through a down period.

Melbourne have lost to Collingwood, GWS and drawn with the 17th team over the last month or so.

It's a very long season, there will be peaks and troughs, and I don't think the top team has won the flag since the Hawks in 2013 which is indicative of this.

My 3 :

1. The Suns aren't a bad side and Touk Miller is a bonafide A grade mid atm.
    2. You could put a tow rope on Marcus and he could extricate your car from a bog.
    3. Jackson Macrae can kick multiple goals. (he's a star).
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 17-07-2021 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Can't spell

17. Likes bornadog, Twodogs, Max469, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We always win when Jacko scores
    2. We have another week to click back into gear. Need to beat the demons in 2 weeks
    3. Pretty sure Holman spraying Cordy with his water bottle after drinking from it is in breach of Covid restrictions

Post Thanks / Like

1 It has been a long five or so weeks and we just aren’t looking as sharp as a result.

2 JUH is a very nice kick of the footy in set shots and field kicking

3 Josh Bruce is off the boil, not a full 2020 regression, his effort and competitiveness is still up, but the confidence and goal kicking is withering. Have loved his turn around this year, hope he can get going properly again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    1 It has been a long five or so weeks and we just aren’t looking as sharp as a result.

2 JUH is a very nice kick of the footy in set shots and field kicking

3 Josh Bruce is off the boil, not a full 2020 regression, his effort and competitiveness is still up, but the confidence and goal kicking is withering. Have loved his turn around this year, hope he can get going properly again.
    On point 3 I agree SOS. Do you think he needs a rest for a week? I'd be ok with it.