Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round eighteen 2021 v Gold Coast Suns

1. I am very happy with the win but we look like a middle of the table team right now. Hopefully it's just the calm before the storm.

2. Naughton looked tentative to go for high ball. Normally he's over zealous at times. Maybe the concussion rattled him more than we think.

3. Bailey Dale is becoming one of our best and most important players. He has the ability to step through traffic that I didn't realise he had. He's a huge upgrade of JJ off half back
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We won with Naughts and Dunkley 'building'. Both will be better for the run.

2. JUH is going to be good. Very very good.

3. Touk Miller is a top 5 player in the competition.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought it was Bruce's best game in a while. He never stopped trying and willed himself into having an impact when it was clear the cards weren't falling for him early, and I actually had him just outside the votes.

I think this forward mix with English is the one that we can do the most damage with and wouldn't be resting any of them.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I actually thought it was Bruce's best game in a while. He never stopped trying and willed himself into having an impact when it was clear the cards weren't falling for him early, and I actually had him just outside the votes.

I think this forward mix with English is the one that we can do the most damage with and wouldn't be resting any of them.
    Doesn't having a forward line containing Naughton, Bruce and Ugle-Hagan limit the opportunities of moving English forward?
    Unless Martin comes back in good form I suspect there is a chance we will prefer the one ruck man set-up.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Doesn't having a forward line containing Naughton, Bruce and Ugle-Hagan limit the opportunities of moving English forward?
    Unless Martin comes back in good form I suspect there is a chance we will prefer the one ruck man set-up.
    IF Martin does come back in good form who misses out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    IF Martin does come back in good form who misses out?
    Ugle-Hagan unfortunately
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. Ugle-Hagan and Naughton are by far quicker and better pressure players than the alternative options, particularly now that we have what I would hope are established small forwards in Weightman and McNeil (who I'd play every week from here on). It's just a matter of establishing chemistry with one another and trying to ensure they don't all fly for the same ball, which is really a Naughton problem as much as anything.

They also all pose different strengths and are vastly different players to one another. Naughton as a contested aerialist and also further up the ground in the territory between 40 and 80m out, Bruce one on one, Jammara as a lead up player and English under the high ball. They're all (mostly for Nauhgton) beautiful kicks to one another too.

I think that their height should be considered a feature, not a bug. We lose nothing by playing all of them.

9. Likes soupman, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. Ugle-Hagan and Naughton are by far quicker and better pressure players than the alternative options, particularly now that we have what I would hope are established small forwards in Weightman and McNeil (who I'd play every week from here on). It's just a matter of establishing chemistry with one another and trying to ensure they don't all fly for the same ball, which is really a Naughton problem as much as anything.

They also all pose different strengths and are vastly different players to one another. Naughton as a contested aerialist and also further up the ground in the territory between 40 and 80m out, Bruce one on one, Jammara as a lead up player and English under the high ball. They're all (mostly for Nauhgton) beautiful kicks to one another too.

I think that their height should be considered a feature, not a bug. We lose nothing by playing all of them.
    It's more having too many jumping for the same mark.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. Ugle-Hagan and Naughton are by far quicker and better pressure players than the alternative options,
    How was the Naughton chase forcing Ellis to run so fast he did his hammy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's more having too many jumping for the same mark.
    Yes, but we can deal with this by being very disciplined with our spacing and having adequate presences at ground level, which, in this current group, should both be very achievable.

English, Naughton, Weightman and Marra are probably our most talented guys along with Bont. Imagine if we can get this set up humming.

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How was the Naughton chase forcing Ellis to run so fast he did his hammy
    Naughton is our best pressure forward, the best pressure key forward in the league and has been for some time. No coincidence our forward line turned into a trampoline when he was out.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we'll be playing Melbourne at MCG next week instead of Adelaide!! According to John Ralph on Fox Footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 39 Memories View Post
    Looks like we'll be playing Melbourne at MCG next week instead of Adelaide!! According to John Ralph on Fox Footy.
    Hopefully we’ve got more vitamin D.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We can win ugly

2. JUH showcased his aerial talent and now needs to showcase his groundball talent

3. The Bont can be effective inside as well as out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    On point 3 I agree SOS. Do you think he needs a rest for a week? I'd be ok with it.
    If he was spent after the extra minutes in the ruck, I think so. Watched the replay and thought he actually worked pretty hard at the contest. It’d befa Tor in his set shot getting shaky.