Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  65
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 Vs Adelaide 2021

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    But isn't that exactly WHY you tag Laird hard? There isn't much else rn.
    Who would use in this role?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I'm struggling to understand what role JJ has both now and in the future. To me he seems completely lost and really contributed nothing again. He seems to play 1 decent match every 5 now.

Out: Keath, JJ, Richards
    In: Who knows there are no vfl games.
    Defensive forward who can roll onto the wing.
    TBH I think a pre-season (or two), Garcia will be the preferred option - and let's not forget VDM.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Defensive forward who can roll onto the wing.
    TBH I think a pre-season (or two), Garcia will be the preferred option - and let's not forget VDM.
    Garcia is already ahead of JJ.

JJ is hanging on for dear life at present.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Garcia is already ahead of JJ.

JJ is hanging on for dear life at present.
    Thats how I see it too. He seems to also not really know his limits anymore and has certainly lost a bit of pace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Thats how I see it too. He seems to also not really know his limits anymore and has certainly lost a bit of pace.
    He's not the attacking player he was partly because of his role change off the HBF to wing / forward then defensive forward but he's also no longer able to have any effect defensively in our forward line either, or at least hasn't across a block of 4-6 weeks. He's had maybe two good run downs from behind all season. He constantly runs past the ball, tackles at length, is too easily brushed aside for a 10 year player and actually looks timid in a contest.

He's definitely on the clearance sale shelf at the front of the supermarket.

7. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who would use in this role?
    Dunks is back this week and I would use him.

I just don't understand why we would contemplate letting someone who kicks it like him get it 30 times - I think he is averaging more than that this year.

You could build a case around some long goals (as in, 50m +) from Laird, Walker and whatever that winger they got from Collingwood whose name I always forget is called could keep us off balance throughout the day and see them through in a low scoring game. I don't see how they compete with us around the ball (assuming we play with effort and we've been pretty good at that all year) but we aren't always super efficient going forward, goals can be tricky to score at Ballarat and a result around the 9.17 (us) to 12.5 (them) would be the danger....

Is there another way we could lose this?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

But isn't that exactly WHY you tag Laird hard? There isn't much else rn.
    Interesting that Scott spent quite a bit of time with Oliver in the second half. Perhaps he comes off half forward to follow Laird?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand why we would contemplate letting someone who kicks it like him get it 30 times - I think he is averaging more than that this year.

You could build a case around some long goals (as in, 50m +) from Laird, Walker and whatever that winger they got from Collingwood whose name I always forget is called could keep us off balance throughout the day and see them through in a low scoring game. I don't see how they compete with us around the ball (assuming we play with effort and we've been pretty good at that all year) but we aren't always super efficient going forward, goals can be tricky to score at Ballarat and a result around the 9.17 (us) to 12.5 (them) would be the danger....

Agree that if we allow their good ball users in Laird & Seedsman a free passage then they could create some damage, but as mentioned we just need to go in with the right mindset (which might be a challenge coming off a big win) and win the ball at the source to have the game played on our terms... obviously need to finish off our good work.

I'd be happy to start off free-wheeling, but paying respect to the opposition and make in game adjustments as required.

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seedsman is their best outside user, I think Roarke has done some good defensive outside roles this year in his few opportunities.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, it was:

Out: Michael Taylor
    In: Ronnie Wood.

We don't have a Michael or a Taylor rn tho.
    No more Watts either

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=EasternWest;747870]Besties. I can't wait for lockdown to end so we can watch some Sky News with Rita Panahi together.

And she can tell us that Trump really did win the US election.

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be happy to start off free-wheeling, but paying respect to the opposition and make in game adjustments as required.
    I would prefer we go hard early and put it beyond doubt than give them hope and have to try and pull it back.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer we go hard early and put it beyond doubt than give them hope and have to try and pull it back.
    Same, has slight banana peel written on this one after being pumped up for the Demons game.

Don't give them anything to keep pushing towards.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geelong play North. I mean, even if we win this we could slip to 2nd so we can’t be messing around. Go hard early, go hard all match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Geelong play North. I mean, even if we win this we could slip to 2nd so we can’t be messing around. Go hard early, go hard all match.
    North have been pretty good over the last month, I don't think we will be seeing a 100 point margin there. I am assuming Cunnington is out though which is a big blow.