Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  65
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 Vs Adelaide 2021

I think Young has to come in. If we are planning on playing Schache on Tex we could be giving them a 5 goal head start. Schache was good the other night but I would like another option height wise in defence.

Out: Keith, Richards

In: Dunkley, Young

I wouldn't risk Woods hammies in a freezing Ballarat
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I like JJ, however I really think he has lost his Mojo. It has all been down hill for him he since he has been moved off half back. Clearly Dale, Daniel and Duryea are a mile in front of him. His weapon is his pace but it’s not a factor in the guessed half and his gets lost in play. He needs the game I front of him. For me he is lucky we have so many injuries as with Keith, Richards, Wood, Adams, McClean and VDM ahead of him. JJ is playing fit his life. The problem is that it’s like when he hit tagged. He hasn’t got the ticket to work through it.
    He's really struggling to work hard without the ball at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    To be fair, it was:

Out: Michael Taylor
    In: Ronnie Wood.

We don't have a Michael or a Taylor rn tho.
    One can only work with the materials available.

I did consider mcNeil Young as Ins, or possibly Scott and Young.

But, before I cop a whack from a mod for my Dirty Deeds I'll get back on thread.

In: Wood and Dunks.

Dunks has to play. Wood replaces Richards or plays tall if needed.

I worry about having Young and Schache both in the backline. Bevo said Schache was getting to the right places, but he is still learning the team defense caper, and Young is out of favour, probably because he is not adhering to team plans. I think the two of them together is a recipe for a breakdown in structure.

I'd prefer to keep Schache in and ask Wood to play tall if needed. Caleb or Roarke Smith can move behind the ball to get Dunks into the midfield.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    One can only work with the materials available.

I did consider mcNeil Young as Ins, or possibly Scott and Young.

But, before I cop a whack from a mod for my Dirty Deeds I'll get back on thread.

In: Wood and Dunks.

Dunks has to play. Wood replaces Richards or plays tall if needed.

I worry about having Young and Schache both in the backline. Bevo said Schache was getting to the right places, but he is still learning the team defense caper, and Young is out of favour, probably because he is not adhering to team plans. I think the two of them together is a recipe for a breakdown in structure.

I'd prefer to keep Schache in and ask Wood to play tall if needed. Caleb or Roarke Smith can move behind the ball to get Dunks into the midfield.
    I tend to agree. Can't have both Young and Schache together.

So In Wood and Dunks and out Two injured
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I think Young has to come in. If we are planning on playing Schache on Tex we could be giving them a 5 goal head start. Schache was good the other night but I would like another option height wise in defence.

Out: Keith, Richards

In: Dunkley, Young

I wouldn't risk Woods hammies in a freezing Ballarat
    Every week Young just seems to get better and better.
    I have to admit I just don't quite see it as a lockdown defender.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Every week Young just seems to get better and better.
    I have to admit I just don't quite see it as a lockdown defender.
    Our midfield got on top in the last qtr on Saturday night, but we did look susceptible in defence as Schache tired and with others giving away height.

Given Adel have a tallish forwardline you would think that we would need Young in the team to give us a bit more aerial presence given from our other medium sized defenders, only Williams is capable of playing on a taller opponent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Given Adel have a tallish forwardline you would think that we would need Young in the team to give us a bit more aerial presence given from our other medium sized defenders, only Williams is capable of playing on a taller opponent.
    Surely if Schache, Cordy and Williams could get it done vs Melbourne then they are capable against Adelaide?

Dunks comes in and plays mid, Daniel reverts to his role across half back...I'm not sure bringing in another key defender is a great plan. Bringing in another RUCKMAN and allowing the rucks to play a little more behind the ball would make some sense though wouldn't it?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

9. Likes Mofra, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Big no to bringing in another ruckman. O'Brien is the one of the best in the competition at impact between contests and getting involved in possession chains, which is not Sweet's go at all. It would be like playing one short in transition.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Surely if Schache, Cordy and Williams could get it done vs Melbourne then they are capable against Adelaide?
    One could argue that Adelaide's tall forwards are more capable than Melbourne's.. and they do play an extra tall.

Dunks comes in and plays mid, Daniel reverts to his role across half back...I'm not sure bringing in another key defender is a great plan. Bringing in another RUCKMAN and allowing the rucks to play a little more behind the ball would make some sense though wouldn't it?
    Bringing in Sweet changes our whole structure as it would mean one of JUH or Bruce doesn't play.

And we have 2 defenders going out in Richards & Keath... understand Dunks comes back in, but we do need some defensive cover too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Big no to bringing in another ruckman. O'Brien is the one of the best in the competition at impact between contests and getting involved in possession chains, which is not Sweet's go at all. It would be like playing one short in transition.
    O'Brien is the modern 'ground covered' ruckman but whoever gives English a chop out has to be able to block the leading lanes defensively.
    Sweet has tired this year, the kid needs a big -pre-season
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so we don't bring in Young for extra cover height wise, do we, I can't believe I going to say this, put Naughton back as a if an emergency break glass type situation arises eg. Walker is rag dolling Schache.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Ok so we don't bring in Young for extra cover height wise, do we, I can't believe I going to say this, put Naughton back as a if an emergency break glass type situation arises eg. Walker is rag dolling Schache.
    I read it here on WOOF, many times!

“You can’t play Young because he is too similar to Keath - they’re both intercept defenders.”

The selected team on Saturday was pure genius. Now Keath is out we have a natural replacement.

So obviously the “ins” are Dunkley and Young.

Post Thanks / Like

Any news on the Keath scans?!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I read it here on WOOF, many times!

“You can’t play Young because he is too similar to Keath - they’re both intercept defenders.”

The selected team on Saturday was pure genius. Now Keath is out we have a natural replacement.

So obviously the “ins” are Dunkley and Young.
    I have never seen anyone say that on here. Keath hasn't played as an intercept defender since he was running around with the licorice allsorts.

17. Likes azabob, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've literally never seen anyone say that even one time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes azabob liked this post