Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  65
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 Vs Adelaide 2021

Rapt to have Dunks and Libba back in the guts together. Smash and grab time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Rapt to have Dunks and Libba back in the guts together. Smash and grab time.
    x 2. We can use them together or rotate if one is struggling.

Re: Crozier. He was clearly awful vs Suns but hard to tell with no info about the scratch match. Could have been brilliant. That said, would have had to be pretty bloody impressive. We have Truck there to play a bit bigger if needed. I would go with McNeil as sub.

4. Likes Testekill, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully TD just misses the one - critical in our back half.

Williams a little more freedom this week with Wood back?

Perhaps Bont plays a bit more forward? To give him some in game respite. And let Dunks spend some quality time on ball.

Daniel can stay around the footy a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    In: Easton Wood,Josh Dunkley

Out: Alex Keath (Injured),Ed Richards (Injured),Taylor Duryea (Managed)

Ninja'd I need to type faster
    Half our backline out this week
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I just want him to knock the door down. He didn’t deserve the last promotion and then they dropped him again. Repeating this cycle just doesn’t make much sense to me. He’s got a bit to work on under match conditions so I want him in the vfl from Saturday working things out and getting full confidence. Yo-yo’ing him and not giving him time to get his confidence back would be our fault again. So it would make me spew. It’d be short sighted and I think there’s other better options before Croz for this game. Just my two cents.
    I understand, but on the flipside there's also a bit of a different approach that can work with more senior players who may be a bit out of form that gets them back without requiring them to knock the door down.

Qualified by not being able to watch the scratch match last week, there could have been a few things that happened that turned things around for Croz during that game and if we think he's on the way back up then picking him probably shouldn't be enough to induce vomit. And with a specific role if he does come on after being the sub then it might turn out OK.

Mitch Hannan was in terrible form, but was given a specific role to come in and play last week based on his career demonstrated attributes and he did it really well. Perhaps with Wood playing tall an injury might cause a reshuffle with Crozier going back and being given an opportunity to play in a spot he plays best. Perhaps he plays forward and stinks it up, who knows (it's easy to do as a sub).

With putting Young into the sub role we lose versatility given how stacked we already are for height forward. Conversely a bit of tall support on the bench for the defence isn't the worst thing we could see, but given the likely conditions I think we'll go with someone more adept at helping out on the ground rather than in the air.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I understand, but on the flipside there's also a bit of a different approach that can work with more senior players who may be a bit out of form that gets them back without requiring them to knock the door down.

Qualified by not being able to watch the scratch match last week, there could have been a few things that happened that turned things around for Croz during that game and if we think he's on the way back up then picking him probably shouldn't be enough to induce vomit. And with a specific role if he does come on after being the sub then it might turn out OK.

Mitch Hannan was in terrible form, but was given a specific role to come in and play last week based on his career demonstrated attributes and he did it really well. Perhaps with Wood playing tall an injury might cause a reshuffle with Crozier going back and being given an opportunity to play in a spot he plays best. Perhaps he plays forward and stinks it up, who knows (it's easy to do as a sub).

With putting Young into the sub role we lose versatility given how stacked we already are for height forward. Conversely a bit of tall support on the bench for the defence isn't the worst thing we could see, but given the likely conditions I think we'll go with someone more adept at helping out on the ground rather than in the air.
    In saying that I'm not sure how Crozier could fit as that player given he hasn't been clean this year when the ball is on the ground.

Our midfield and forward line are stacked with talent so if we get the ball going our way we're going to be really tough to beat, but our defence takes on a completely new look as we've lost our 2 best ''defenders'' who not only consistently beat their opponents, but also assist others. Will watch on with interest how the defensive group adapts and who steps up when we need them to.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just caught up on all the news from the Melbourne game. Anyone else concerned about no Keath for a month? I think our mids are really going to have to lift because our defence will be super shaky without him.

Good to see Schache get a run in defence. Hopefully he can nail a spot down there.

Oh and how the hell does Melbourne come away with a clean bill of health AGAIN whilst we lose 2? If they can't win the flag this year they never will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I've just caught up on all the news from the Melbourne game. Anyone else concerned about no Keath for a month? I think our mids are really going to have to lift because our defence will be super shaky without him.

Good to see Schache get a run in defence. Hopefully he can nail a spot down there.

Oh and how the hell does Melbourne come away with a clean bill of health AGAIN whilst we lose 2? If they can't win the flag this year they never will.
    The benefit is a better knowledge of our depth.

Without the injury to Gardner, Schache would not have been tried in defence.

Melbourne will be susceptible if they lose a top 5 or 10 player from their team in the next 6 weeks.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The benefit is a better knowledge of our depth.

Without the injury to Gardner, Schache would not have been tried in defence.

Melbourne will be susceptible if they lose a top 5 or 10 player from their team in the next 6 weeks.
    Not that I wish it on them but you can see it happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Not that I wish it on them but you can see it happening.
    Couple of hammys here and there would be nice though.