Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 21 Vs Essendon 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    With respect to next week's team, I am going to go with the MCs recent 'managed' player theme and suggest a key player is again 'managed' to enable one of Richards/Duyrea to return. Suggest the other 'out' is R Smith (because Scott has greater versatility).

Suggested managed player for this week includes Macrae or Bont, another one of our HB flankers or Bruce.

R Smith to the medi sub role.
    We have managed Libba and Doc, who I think are types who actually needed it. Libba had knee soreness it seems, ongoing theme. Doc has missed a lot of footy in the past and is older.

Maybe we give Bont more time forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting options Smads.
    Could there be a case for Williams to be added to the Bont and Macrae options?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Interesting options Smads.
    Could there be a case for Williams to be added to the Bont and Macrae options?
    With Williams missing games earlier this year (rounds 6-8), I’d suggest he is less impacted by the season ‘grind’ (vs others).
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott may be sore, which is hard for him but gives us one spot at least.
    I would hope there is a VFL game we can give Treloar a run in before he comes in the week after. manage his time. Roarke might be the othe runlucky one which is a really hard call given he's been fulfilling his role.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Scott may be sore, which is hard for him but gives us one spot at least.
    I would hope there is a VFL game we can give Treloar a run in before he comes in the week after. manage his time. Roarke might be the othe runlucky one which is a really hard call given he's been fulfilling his role.
    This is something I’ve been wrestling with - is Roarke now too important structurally to drop? Who plays that negating role if he’s out?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I'm only really open to resting players who are sore or ~30 so there's no one else (without the benefit of inside info) that it really applies to. Maybe Bruce, although again without knowing more he looks fully fine.

I have to assume that Roarke is playing the patented Angus Brayshaw role of "holding space on the wing to not get in the way of the talent" role under instruction based on his continued selection from limited output, but the bare bones is that better players are due back.

Think it's gotta be Roarke, and unfortunately Scott this week, who really doesn't deserve it, but who else do you drop?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Think it's gotta be Roarke, and unfortunately Scott this week, who really doesn't deserve it, but who else do you drop?
    Would be the roughest omission of the year if Scott is dropped after playing by far his best game ever. I wouldn't have Richards as a walk up start in this side, Scott provides more versatility.

IN: Duryea
    OUT: Roarke

Once Treloar is back, it gets real tough to find spots.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes 1eyedog, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, we have the following right on the fringes of the best 22:

Richards, Roarke, Scott, Gardner, Garcia, JUH, Schache, McNeil, Lipinksi, Crozier and Vandermeer with Keath, Duryea and Treloar guaranteed to return.

Going to be some very unlucky players.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It certainly is getting more difficult to fit in players coming back from injury but I just feel Richards needs to come straight back in if fit to play. He just offers us so much drive transitioning between the arcs as well as one on one defensive ability. Players that can run and carry the ball and also defend well when required are a commodity. He's definitely best 22 based on the games he's played since returning.

Ins: Doc and Ted
    Outs: R Smith and Hannan.

I'd play Dunks in the Hannan role when not in the midfield. Scott was quite good on Saturday and JJ has earned another game as well.

12. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Would be the roughest omission of the year if Scott is dropped after playing by far his best game ever. I wouldn't have Richards as a walk up start in this side, Scott provides more versatility.

I guess that's where we're apart because I couldn't have been more impressed with Ed's game this year. He's a legitimately good defender and his ball use has improved heaps with that extra 25-30m to work with from behind the ball. Plus we have to get Libba back in too.

Scott doesn't deserve to be dropped but it do be like that sometimes.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Scott was really good, but Richards has performed much better in games he's played and I have a little more faith that he will stand up against high quality opposition.

As mentioned it's getting difficult to fit them all in... which is never a bad thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Treloar a chance to come back this week against the Bombers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I guess that's where we're apart because I couldn't have been more impressed with Ed's game this year. He's a legitimately good defender and his ball use has improved heaps with that extra 25-30m to work with from behind the ball. Plus we have to get Libba back in too.

Scott doesn't deserve to be dropped but it do be like that sometimes.
    I like Ed, for sure. Just don't think he should be a walk up start. His game was going well against the Demons though.

Bloody tough to easily find a player to drop and that includes Hannan, as I thought he did well jumping over O'Brien when chopping out in the ruck.

Even Roarke did a good job curtailing the influence of Seedsman who has been one of their few prime movers and has done that job on Langdon both times we've played Melbourne. Don't envy the MC this week.

17. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Is Treloar a chance to come back this week against the Bombers?
    If he got through his training on the weekend and this week the expectation is he will be available for selection.. Given the lay-off maybe reduced minutes for Footscray and then back in rd.22 against Hawthorn.

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If he got through his training on the weekend and this week the expectation is he will be available for selection.. Given the lay-off maybe reduced minutes for Footscray and then back in rd.22 against Hawthorn.
    Bevo mentioned the 'compromise' of playing returning guys like Treloar last week, assuming that's reduced minutes as you state.