Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  53
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan opens up on ‘frustrating’ debut season and support from the Fevolas

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Saying it was tough not being selected, needing family support and advice from Nick Riewoldt, it just sounded entitled and like he expected it all to happen rather than working on his deficiencies. He mentioned his fitness as an issue but almost resented having to do extra fitness work like in pre season whilst still playing games. Got a few Jake Stringer vibes from all that, like hanging out the back and kicking 4 in the VFL should get you named at full forward at the G the next week
    I really had no idea his comments could be interpreted in that way. Almost the complete opposite of how I read it. Seeking out advice, doing extra sessions, getting weekly feedback are all vibes I wouldn't associate with Jakey.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan opens up on ‘frustrating’ debut season and support from the Fevolas

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Fev had a sickness that got hold of him - gambling. He deserves another chance like we all do.
    He went from washed up footballer after a bad trade to Brisbane with no wife and no money. He’s back with the missus and family and part of a seemingly successful radio show. With a daughter whose by all accounts a big social media influencer and opened his house to her boyfriend. He’s a completely different person to the arse clown I dealt with a few times in a past life. To me he looks like a clear example of the story of redemption. Plus if he is so close to Marra, we could do worse than to lean into him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes bornadog, Mofra, Topdog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He went from washed up footballer after a bad trade to Brisbane with no wife and no money. He’s back with the missus and family and part of a seemingly successful radio show. With a daughter whose by all accounts a big social media influencer and opened his house to her boyfriend. He’s a completely different person to the arse clown I dealt with a few times in a past life. To me he looks like a clear example of the story of redemption. Plus if he is so close to Marra, we could do worse than to lean into him.
    I think we all remember the dickhead Fev, but as you say he has turned his life around. Good on him, it is not easy to do.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that what I said but with more words?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Isn't that what I said but with more words?
    Classic Narcissism on display.....

Post Thanks / Like

JUH in the fourth quarter turned his opponent perfectly to lead at the ball carrier twice. That's a real handy trick for a forward, gets real separation. That's a very positive sign as separation from an opponent can be a very difficult skill to learn at the highest level.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes ratsmac, EasternWest, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    JUH in the fourth quarter turned his opponent perfectly to lead at the ball carrier twice. That's a real handy trick for a forward, gets real separation. That's a very positive sign as separation from an opponent can be a very difficult skill to learn at the highest level.
    Josh Kennedy has kicked about 600 goals from that one skill.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Classic Narcissism on display.....
    Guilty your honour.

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Josh Kennedy has kicked about 600 goals from that one skill.
    WCE won that trade
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WCE won that trade
    As if anyone in their right mind thinks differently.

Kennedy on top of everything is a great team man, and Judd is just an ordinary human all around.

16. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did something similar with his first goal against GC. All it took was a quick goose step in his leading pattern and all of a sudden he's 5 metres out on the lead.

Teams will start putting some serious work into countering him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Did something similar with his first goal against GC. All it took was a quick goose step in his leading pattern and all of a sudden he's 5 metres out on the lead.

Teams will start putting some serious work into countering him.
    Which is what they should do, but do we realistically think the opposition's 3rd best tall defender will have the ''smarts'' to go with him?

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Which is what they should do, but do we realistically think the opposition's 3rd best tall defender will have the ''smarts'' to go with him?
    Our defence is not far off the most stingy in the competition. If our attack played our defence, Jamarra would line up on Cordys the third best tall defender (Keath on Naughton, Gardner/Young/Schache on Bruce). How would we see Jamarra Vs Cordy going over 4 quarters? We just have too many good players (less a fit ruckman and possibly a KPD).

Edit: The first against GCS was on the number one defender, Collins. The sealer Vs Melbourne was on Lever. He beat they best the had, let alone the third rung down.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

21. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our defence is not far off the most stingy in the competition. If our attack played our defence, Jamarra would line up on Cordys the third best tall defender (Keath on Naughton, Gardner/Young/Schache on Bruce). How would we see Jamarra Vs Cordy going over 4 quarters? We just have too many good players (less a fit ruckman and possibly a KPD).

Edit: The first against GCS was on the number one defender, Collins. The sealer Vs Melbourne was on Lever. He beat they best the had, let alone the third rung down.
    This is precisely what I'm getting at. We're now an even bigger match up headache.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    This is precisely what I'm getting at. We're now an even bigger match up headache.
    Isn’t it fun!

The kid just keeps playing for mine. If he can generate 2-3 shots a game and do great team stuff like shepherds and chasing and tackling, that will be worth it’s weight in gold later this year. I love the length of his kicking too. I reckon he could go close from 60m out. And we haven’t seen him going for MOTY yet either. God it’s fun to be us.

24. Likes SquirrelGrip, Topdog, Twodogs, josie liked this post