Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned Round nineteen 2021 v Melbourne

1. Our MC cop a whack here most weeks. They've been bloody good. All bar two players used this season. If you saw that stat and didn't know where we were on the ladder, you'd think we were in the bottom half of the ladder. And to think we've still got Dunks, Treloar, Wood and now Keath and Richards to come back in. What a strong squad.

2. Hit outs, Hit outs... we can't win if English goes against Gawn alone... blah blah blah..... Most irrelevant stat in footy. English did well on Gawn where it counted

3. I'm gonna love the opposition fan melts when we finish top 2 and end up, for the second year in a row securing a top 3 talent in Darcy. How strong is this list looking for the next 5-10 years?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    1. We broke Melbourne’s brain. You don’t go dipping into the bag of sledges to call someone a two’s player if you know you’re on top. I know we give Hannan a lot of shit but we’re allowed and you wankers aren’t.

Maybe Fristch could’ve played better if he wasn’t so tired from staying up all night posting on 8chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Outstanding. Let's start a cricket team.

1. Don't worry about the weather conditions this team just rolls their sleeves (which look great) up and gets on with their job
    2. I don't think I've seen as many high flyers in one forward line in my life
    3. Richards really didn't want to come off the ground. "I'm fine. I always pass out from time to time" "oh that hit on the head? The one on the video footage? That was just a flesh wound"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes jeemak, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bevo and his brain trust's plans on May and Lever was superb. May always pulls the jumper of the forward and in this match he was caught out big time.
    2. Missing 2 of our important backline players during the match our defence was first class.
    3. I am ordaining Bont as "Mr. Football". Long may he reign. EJ would be so pumped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    3. I am ordaining Bont as "Mr. Football". Long may he reign. EJ would be so pumped.
    "Signor Football"?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    "Signor Football"?
    Si !

7. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    3. For all the media hype over Petracca, I'd take Oliver ahead of him. And I'd take Macrae or Bont over both of them.
    Petracca looks like Brownlow year Jobe Watson. Extremely beefy, likely to break down
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    3. Richards really didn't want to come off the ground. "I'm fine. I always pass out from time to time" "oh that hit on the head? The one on the video footage? That was just a flesh wound"
    Players know they have to miss a week. They don't want to have to do that.

The rule is there to save them from themselves. The pressure on medicos come finals time to pass/fail concussion tests is going to be extreme.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes Topdog, Twodogs, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah shout out to our kit. Between the extra hoops on the long sleeves, the particular shade of blue and the red cuffs I don’t think it’s ever looked better. Training kits are unbelievably clean too.
    Yeah… think I’ll be sinking a few $ into this year’s kit. Got the latest short sleeve for a birthday pressie earlier in the year but long sleeve is smoooooking!

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    The 3 Baileys were very good last night. Bailey Smith is back to his best. Bailey Williams is very cool and composed and Bailey Dale kicks beautifully and gives us a lot of run.

Tim English played a good game. Sure Gawn won a lot of centre bounces but Tim positioned himself a lot better at throw ins and was more than competitive.

Duryea is having a strong year. Very reliable.
    I too liked English's game. I saw a natural competitiveness that I was hitherto unsure of. Great mark and kick of course and that goal was sensational.

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I too liked English's game. I saw a natural competitiveness that I was hitherto unsure of. Great mark and kick of course and that goal was sensational.
    His goal happen so quickly. Goal of the match just about. Or week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    His goal happen so quickly. Goal of the match just about. Or week.
    It kept going and going. Did not look anything like a goal off the boot. Magic.