Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned Round nineteen 2021 v Melbourne

Maybe Fristch could’ve played better if he wasn’t so tired from staying up all night posting on 8chan.

They really give off a horrible vibe the Dees. Glad they’re finally finished.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Maybe Fristch could’ve played better if he wasn’t so tired from staying up all night posting on 8chan.

If we see them again it’s (hopefully) with full games from Keath & Richards, plus Dunkley, Treloar, Wood, Gardner, Martin &/or VDM.

We’ve got a lot of improvement left. While they’ve had virtually everything go their way. I wonder if they’re even aware through their hubris. Or perhaps everyone at their non tanking club is still upset at Danny’s Negative Gearing banner that so upset Tim Lane.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes Testekill, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They play a sh*t, park the bus style of footy too. Shane Biggs had a classic snipe on IG today, said he feels for Melbourne fans that due to lockdown they haven't been able to hit the slopes and have been forced to watch their team play instead
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    1. Bailey Williams punches so strongly above his weight it's ridiculous.
    2. Josh Bruce celebrates his teammates goals harder than his own. I'd love to have him as a teammate.
    3. This team has plenty of improvement in it, and sits on top of the ladder. We're *!*!*!*!ing scary.
    It's infectious as well - him and Naughton clearly have a great bond, but Weightman, JJ, Hannan all love jumping on top and celebrating the little wins. I loved the way most of the team flocked to Marra after his goal, knowing the importance to the game and to him.

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont is as good in the wet as he is in the dry.
    2. Melbourne lack leadership with all that sniping. Who would bother?
    3. Josh is the defender we never knew we had. Full points to Bevo on selection. There are risks by not taking risks.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

1. Great mileage out of our small kids tonight - Garcia and Weightman bring outstanding intensity and reasonably cool heads w ball in hand

2. Good early signs of schache down backy - need a couple more for a proper view. Was nervous with that one out end of second qtr

3. Great to see Janarra can work hard over 4 qtr a without personal reward. Fantastic trait he can keep the chin up and continue working.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Finally loved seeing a long sleeve Guernsey - love the hoops on the arms
    2. Our group is special. Week to week our most important player seems to change. Caleb Daniel in the first half was second to none.
    3. We can win in front of no crowds!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

This is the most random, yet remarkably insightful, sledge
    I think I've ever seen.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It's infectious as well - him and Naughton clearly have a great bond, but Weightman, JJ, Hannan all love jumping on top and celebrating the little wins. I loved the way most of the team flocked to Marra after his goal, knowing the importance to the game and to him.
    I was watching some of the post game vision from the rooms. Surprise surprise, Naughts and Bruce sitting side by side. We're becoming a real bromance club.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Project Shack back actually worked! I thought we were just mucking around having a bit of fun here on woof! He played better than I expected. Now he has to back it up

2. Oliver and Petracca are great players, The Bont and Macrae are better!

3. English still needs to learn how to combat big bodied ruckman. He has improved but is still to easily moved around by the big strong types. Come finals this could become a factor
    Last edited by ratsmac; 26-07-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I was wrong. Schache migth be a decent defender

2. Hannan's job was a little more obvious this week, did well to help nullify May

3. For all the media hype over Petracca, I'd take Oliver ahead of him. And I'd take Macrae or Bont over both of them.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 3 Baileys were very good last night. Bailey Smith is back to his best. Bailey Williams is very cool and composed and Bailey Dale kicks beautifully and gives us a lot of run.

Tim English played a good game. Sure Gawn won a lot of centre bounces but Tim positioned himself a lot better at throw ins and was more than competitive.

Duryea is having a strong year. Very reliable.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Mein Gott this long sleeves trend is arousing me. Especially coupled with white shorts. So retro with the traditional jumper with the red collar it's like I'm watching us in the 70s only we're shit hot. Bruce, Naughton, Daniel, Williams, Hunter all fantastic exponents of the sleeves. And the hoops on the sleeves is Vince McMahon astral travel level. It's a trend I want to continue. Such an eye catching kit. The best in the AFL.

2. Richards, Dale and Williams are beast mode. They create so much drive and in the case of Williams and Richards an excellent defensive wall as well.

1. Schache - I've always been a believer and my belief has been vindicated. Hope he takes his opportunity now.

20. Likes Happy Days, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah shout out to our kit. Between the extra hoops on the long sleeves, the particular shade of blue and the red cuffs I don’t think it’s ever looked better. Training kits are unbelievably clean too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -