Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

So many questions-Pre game v Melbourne

Tonight may be a sliding doors moment for the season and a big test of our credentials so,
    Have we learnt anything since we last played Melbourne?
    Will our ball use be adventurous and can we find a way to bypass May and Lever?
    Have we gone too tall hoping to replicate what Hawthorn did last week?
    Will Garcia possibly be given a role trying to curb the influence of Oliver or will he be asked to create time for Libba to work some first touch magic?
    Schache has been selected from left field for what specific reason, will he play back? Forward or Ruck to allow the retention of the tall forward set up?
    I’m tipping a tight one but even if we go down I have the confidence that come finals time hopefully adding back in Martin, Treloar, Dunkley, Wood and Gardner we have more improvement in us than Melbourne who are missing only Tomlinson who won’t be back.
    Bring it on.

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So many questions-Pre game v Melbourne

I posted this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Between the two Melbourne games, these are the differences:

OUT: IN:
    Hayden Crozier JUH
    Patrick Lipinski Richards
    Lachlan McNeil Schache
    Jordon Sweet Hannan
    Louis Butler Med Sub

Looking at the ins and outs, I think we are much stronger this time. Garcia didn't get much game time and was subbed out.

For Melbourne:

Out IN:
    Jake Melksham J Viney
    Sam Weideman B Brown
    Tom Sparrow Med Sub

Are Melbourne stronger? I don't believe so.
    I think we have better personnel than last time. Of course we are still not at full strength but I think we will be served better. Melbourne are basically at full strength.

The key thing we should have learnt is not to turn over the ball as much in our backline.

We should also be protecting Libba more and making sure the tag is broken. Hopefully Libba learnt something as well.

In the forward line, I would like us to not kick it straight to Lever and May.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So many questions-Pre game v Melbourne

I can see us breaking even in the midfield and with the rain, I think whichever team has the best working fwd line will win. Whoever kicks straight should win.
    If we continually bomb hoping our tall fwds will outmark lever/May, we will lose.

I think our mids will allow us to win the inside 50’s. Question is, will we have 20 inside 50’s at half time for 2.7 ?
    Naughton and Bruce just have to kick straight if given any opportunity.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

5. Likes Happy Days liked this post