Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 19, 2021 vs Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He loves using his left for some bizarre reason.
    I thought his left foot was vastly improved this week.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

B:

1. Bazlenka's last few weeks have been extremely productive after a fairly middling first half of the year. I thought he started the game slowly but his burst speed is a weapon, his want to tackle was great and that goal at a critical time was all class. If he can keep this high standard through to the end of the year, it'll make us hard to beat with Dunks and Treloar to return.

2. Daniel is just a freakish player and I like how Bevo is using him. They had some footage on Fox Footy last night that basically showed him following the ball around and always being in the peripheral of the ball carrier. Great work rate, elite skills, off the charts footy IQ. I've said it before, but for someone of his physical stature to have the influence he has on games, he has to be pound for pound one of the best footballers I've seen.

3. Timmy English battled really manfully all night and while it frustrates me to see him get ragdolled at times, I thought he adjusted well late in the game. He stopped jumping so early in the middle and basically just pushed into Gawn to stop him from grabbing it and clearing it easily. It's easy to forget he's just 23 which is baby age for a ruckman.

A:

1. I think JJ is really on the edge of losing his spot. Just can't seem to win any 50/50 contests inside 50 and doesn't really have the stomach to give that manic Garcia/Weightman like pressure.

2. I thought Naughts had a real almost night with his marking. Conditions obviously weren't great but he had position a few times and dropped marks that he'd normally gobble. We had very few marks inside 50 for the night and that's usually a killer for us so thankfully we made up for it with stoppage goals. Seems a bit off still since the concussion.

3. *!*!*!*!ing injuries.
    Awesome banker observations especially on Daniel.
    Daniel is our true playmaker.
    People appreciate how skilled he is but I think only the coaches and some teammates appreciate and understand how good and how vital he is to the dogs.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Commentary on Daniel has, is and always will be mind numbingly stupid because hurr durr little man small durr, but he’s an unbelievable player.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes azabob, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Commentary on Daniel has, is and always will be mind numbingly stupid because hurr durr little man small durr, but he’s an unbelievable player.
    Except for when he gets EXPOSED.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Except for when he gets EXPOSED.
    Yeah despite what I said before don’t worry I’m still deeply embarrassed by him as an All Australian defender. Geez I wish he was more like Darcy Byrne Jones, a player we can all admire and look up to.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Playing him around the stoppages with Harmes going to Libba was a masterstroke from Bevo. If there's one bloke you just can't let run around without any attention is Caleb. Nice adjustment from the last meeting.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes Happy Days, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Playing him around the stoppages with Harmes going to Libba was a masterstroke from Bevo. If there's one bloke you just can't let run around without any attention is Caleb. Nice adjustment from the last meeting.
    Great awareness of the conditions too. Bont is the best wet weather player in the league but Daniel might be second.