Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sam Power, List Boss - From Start to Now

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Get him in the ruck.
    He's taller than John Nicholls and he wasn't bad.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Really hoping his working on some deal to pull an unforeseen ruck out of nowhere during this trade period..
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It really is a remarkable job.

My question is how do we keep him? What are his ambitions beyond list manager and how do we facilitate that within our own club!?
    We've got BT waiting in the wings thankfully if Sam the Man does go on to greater things

4. Likes bulldogtragic, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Really hoping his working on some deal to pull an unforeseen ruck out of nowhere during this trade period..
    Are you ever positive on anything bulldogs related?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    He definitely is but he's anxious like many of us regarding the ruck situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the ruck is our no 1 problem. We’ve all assumed we had a plan. When Strauchn from Adelaide re-signed, we assumed we had someone lined up. Let’s not go nuts just yet as the trade period has a ways to go. But it’s certainly a concerning situation right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post

I'm a rusted on die hard and have been since i was as single-digit kid, but yeah I can be critical of the club because I want to see the best for them, we clearly do some things that are unorthodox and that can be a good or bad thing, but sometimes the club goes way out and pulls dumb moves that has me scratching my head as an AFL lover.

As 1eye said, I'm very anxious about us fixing our ruck problem this trade period, because frankly we just got completely pantsed in a grand final by over 100 points in a quarter and ahalf and you can contribute alot of that to lack of ruck domination. Melbourne isn't going backwards, and we need to improve our list to compete.

Sorry if my posting reads negatively to you, but sitting here watching every ''viable'' ruck that is floating around the market be signed by other clubs does make me scratch my head, and I am hoping Power can pull some magic and do something that none of us can see (media included)

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if my posting reads negatively to you, but sitting here watching every ''viable'' ruck that is floating around the market be signed by other clubs does make me scratch my head, and I am hoping Power can pull some magic and do something that none of us can see (media included)
    Realistically, which rucks can we go for?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If Ceglar is off to the Cats then I have no idea to be honest.
    Ladhams, wants to be a number 1 ruck, just hitting that age, seen enough of him to know his got something to work with, but according to the media, we're not into him.
    Lynch would be ahead of Sweet but not by much, according to the media, we're not into him.

There was talk on BF a few weeks back that we were in heavy talks with an ''injured ruck who didn't play this season'' but that hit a road block, and another poster said we were trying to talk Nank out of leaving Richmond, but again nothing.

So, no idea man, I have alot of faith in power but we don't really have the capitol to pry a listed ruckman out as it is, and most of the state-leaguers have been snapped up or are committed to clubs already.

Post Thanks / Like

If Ceglar is off to the Cats then I have no idea to be honest.
    Ladhams, wants to be a number 1 ruck, just hitting that age, seen enough of him to know his got something to work with, but according to the media, we're not into him.
    Lynch would be ahead of Sweet but not by much, according to the media, we're not into him.

There was talk on BF a few weeks back that we were in heavy talks with an ''injured ruck who didn't play this season'' but that hit a road block, and another poster said we were trying to talk Nank out of leaving Richmond, but again nothing.

So, no idea man, I have alot of faith in power but we don't really have the capitol to pry a listed ruckman out as it is, and most of the state-leaguers have been snapped up or are committed to clubs already.
    It is hard.

Hopefully Sam can get us someone, as I don't think Steph can last a season and we need a mature body.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that's a cop out. I know the market isn't overly impressive atm but if we come away from this with nothing, or worse, Mason Cox, as the solution to our ruck problem then thats a fail.

Its not a new issue, we should have addressed it last year and while Martin was kind of a stop gap he was never going to be the solution.

I like Power and have been impressed with what he's done, but our shopping list this year is exactly the same as last (someone who can be a starting ruck and a good tall defender) and atm we look like not filling either if those positions for the second year running, which is especially infuriating considering even just one of those is likely the difference between us winning a flag and not.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

14. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely next year’s first (and more) is on the table for a genuine plug and play #1 ruck?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Sorry that's a cop out. I know the market isn't overly impressive atm but if we come away from this with nothing, or worse, Mason Cox, as the solution to our ruck problem then thats a fail.

Its not a new issue, we should have addressed it last year and while Martin was kind of a stop gap he was never going to be the solution.

I like Power and have been impressed with what he's done, but our shopping list this year is exactly the same as last (someone who can be a starting ruck and a good tall defender) and atm we look like not filling either if those positions for the second year running, which is especially infuriating considering even just one of those is likely the difference between us winning a flag and not.
    Not a cop out at all. I was interested in seeing who Vred suggest we go for?

Post Thanks / Like

Not a cop out at all. I was interested in seeing who Vred suggest we go for?
    Anybody.

There is no way that in a league that must have minimum 40 rucks, half of which are gagging for more gametime, and the vast majority of which would cost max a future second, that the only options we had were a cooked Martin and -blank-.

Cellar would be an acceptable result but it seems increasingly likely that a/ hes not for us and b/ there's nobody else in the queue.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Getting another ruck would be great, but I think keeping Sweet, seeing english develop for another year and eeking games out of Martin is actually not a bad strategy for 2022 if a decent ruck is not available.

I get English played poorly in the GF, but his games against Essendon/Brissy/Port in the lead up were excellent. If I was rating his season it would be a big tick and a step forward in his development. Give him 2 more years and he will be dominating!

On Sweet, I liked what I saw. Yes he got monstered by more experienced rucks, but honestly he's played 6 games of league footy. I think as a club we got this one wrong and would have been better missing the GF, but getting him to 15 games. He is competitive, strong and the type of ruck we would be crying for if we et him go.

Martin, we managed poorly! He should play 2 weeks on 1 week off. No more.

19. Likes SquirrelGrip, bornadog liked this post