Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match of the Round: Port v Cats

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I remember watching Essendon win in Round 1 2004 (after winning the flag with the baby bombers #2) and thinking - who is ever going to beat these blokes. Cockatoo-Collins had come into the side and kicked a few...they beat West Coast by a couple of kicks if I recall. I just remember thinking 'put down your glasses, it is all over'.

Grand final: West Coast vs Geelong.
    Bombers finished 10th or 11th...they missed the finals in any case.
    It's funny how things like this happen, there's been a few instances where teams have blitzed future Grand Finalists in the first few rounds, and then went on to miss the Finals themselves. Quite a few times I've thought, 'Gee, they look good - how is anyone going to beat them if they play like this?'

Low and behold, it's a long season and Round 1 is arguably the most unpredictable week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Egan only missed about four matches though.

I'd like to see how Geelong play without Scarlett, Ablett, Johnson or Bartel - somebody like that, who they can't simply cover.
    If Egan was fit they could cover for Scarlett. Ablett and Bartell would hurt but could win without Bartel, not sure about Ablett. Johnson however i think would be the hardest to cover for. The true star power up forward IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I remember watching Essendon win in Round 1 2004 (after winning the flag with the baby bombers #2) and thinking - who is ever going to beat these blokes. Cockatoo-Collins had come into the side and kicked a few...they beat West Coast by a couple of kicks if I recall. I just remember thinking 'put down your glasses, it is all over'.

Grand final: West Coast vs Geelong.
    Bombers finished 10th or 11th...they missed the finals in any case.
    Wrong decade?