Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  134
Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Essendon R21 2021

Margin: Dogs by 8 points - will be closer but will get it done
    First goal: JUH
    Best on ground: Libba
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Essendon R21 2021

Probably my most hated team, have absolutely loved crushing them the last few years. Don't think we'll get it all our own way this weekend but hopefully we should be just too good.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to destroy these clowns. They don't defend the middle of the ground, their forward line is trash and their best key defender, who is laughably somehow Jayden Laverde, is in serious doubt.

Plus they possibly want to lose? Who even knows. As long as they look ~ b o x o f f i c e ~ and Nik Cox manages to run 10m with the ball in a straight line without falling over they seem to be happy enough.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes EasternWest, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We are going to destroy these clowns. They don't defend the middle of the ground, their forward line is trash and their best key defender, who is laughably somehow Jayden Laverde, is in serious doubt.

Plus they possibly want to lose? Who even knows. As long as they look ~ b o x o f f i c e ~ and Nik Cox manages to run 10m with the ball in a straight line without falling over they seem to be happy enough.
    Yeah you're mistaking Laverde for Ridley there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah you're mistaking Laverde for Ridley there.
    Key defender. Ridley is more a shorter McGovern type who doesn't play on anyone, and has been in pretty middling form for a few months anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit concerned about this.

They have everything to play for as they believe they can make the 8.

We are better, but we have to turn to play.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Bit concerned about this.

They have everything to play for as they believe they can make the 8.

We are better, but we have to turn to play.
    Yeah, I agree.

I am all for setting up to be your best for finals but I find the MC thread and a bit of chat really eye off the ball. I can see the logic and not having a go at the posting, it's considered and supported with reasoning, just I disagree.

We can still end up playing an away interstate QF (covid normal wording). If a guy is sore, sure they miss but I would not be managing for the sake of it.

Post Thanks / Like

We own these gimps. Make no mistake this will not even be close.

Bulldogs, 24.11 Vs Hubris Bombers 6.15

Looking across the squads on paper I don't have them winning a single match up.

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a very good record against them. I hope for big big win again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Key defender. Ridley is more a shorter McGovern type who doesn't play on anyone, and has been in pretty middling form for a few months anyway.
    He's still their best defender.
    Make him accountable, sit on Hind, and we've gone a long way to winning this.

Parish is in excellent form but he's Libba size, and their other mids (bar Stringer) are similar.
    Bont, Dunkley & Macrae are all 190cm+ so if we're serious we win the contested ball battle.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He's still their best defender.
    Make him accountable, sit on Hind, and we've gone a long way to winning this.

Parish is in excellent form but he's Libba size, and their other mids (bar Stringer) are similar.
    Bont, Dunkley & Macrae are all 190cm+ so if we're serious we win the contested ball battle.
    Dons gamble more than any other team on winning the centre clearance, which I guess is a necessary risk when you have Jakey Boy in at all of them. It makes for some awesome passages of play, but it’s not a winning formula and I really believe that it’s a recipe for disaster against our more accomplished midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Dons gamble more than any other team on winning the centre clearance, which I guess is a necessary risk when you have Jakey Boy in at all of them. It makes for some awesome passages of play, but it’s not a winning formula and I really believe that it’s a recipe for disaster against our more accomplished midfield.
    We are number one for Centre clearances and Dons sit 3rd, but around the ground they are 17th and we are second
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Afel.com

Laverde remains in doubt for the Bombers' clash with the top-of-the-ladder Western Bulldogs on Sunday as Essendon aims to break a seven-year drought against the Dogs.

The last time the Bombers beat the Bulldogs was in round 18, 2014, with Luke Beveridge yet to lose to Essendon in his senior coaching career.

Essendon will be without Dyson Heppell (thumb) and Kyle Langford (hamstring), with Rutten flagging Matt Guelfi, Alec Waterman and Andrew Phillips as possible inclusions, with veteran pair Cale Hooker and David Zaharakis also in the mix.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Afel.com

Laverde remains in doubt for the Bombers' clash with the top-of-the-ladder Western Bulldogs on Sunday as Essendon aims to break a seven-year drought against the Dogs.

The last time the Bombers beat the Bulldogs was in round 18, 2014, with Luke Beveridge yet to lose to Essendon in his senior coaching career.

Essendon will be without Dyson Heppell (thumb) and Kyle Langford (hamstring), with Rutten flagging Matt Guelfi, Alec Waterman and Andrew Phillips as possible inclusions, with veteran pair Cale Hooker and David Zaharakis also in the mix.
    Geez, that is some grim reading. If we're serious, we should do a number on the Bombers yet again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Afel.com

I know he won a premiership with us but this is one of Bevo's most important achievements for the club.