Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  47
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This year, we go celibate…

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Its okay, I spite rooted my guts out tonight......
    I posted on the game with condoms on my fingers. Just can’t take a risk these days that anything towards them is transmitable. Might need some penicillin just to be sure.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I’ve worken up with a bad feeling, That feeling when you did something last night that you shouldn’t have.
    I took an oath earlier in the week to give up the rooting, but I couldn’t help myself….

To make matters worse, I’ve rolled over and looking at what I was rooting over, it’s grim, 100% plastic, fake, silicon, Botox nastiness.

I’ve taken a shower, there’s still a lingering cheap perfume smell, but I hope you can all forgive me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

I’ve taken a shower, there’s still a lingering cheap perfume smell, but I hope you can all forgive me.
    You're forgiven, I suspect you will not be showering alone. (Wait, did I really say that ? )
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

4. Likes bulldogtragic, ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I’ve worken up with a bad feeling, That feeling when you did something last night that you shouldn’t have.
    I took an oath earlier in the week to give up the rooting, but I couldn’t help myself….

To make matters worse, I’ve rolled over and looking at what I was rooting over, it’s grim, 100% plastic, fake, silicon, Botox nastiness.

Walk of shame to the bathroom.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic post. Very gumshoe detective Reload. Bravo - made me smile during the grimness of lockdown 6. Thank you.

8. Likes ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Walk of shame to the bathroom.
    With your housemates sitting at the kitchen table grinning at you.

I used to share a house with a girl and we had a rule. If one of us bought someone home that we didn't want to deal with the next morning then we'd sit them on the couch in the lounge room and go back to bed after knocking on the housemate's bedroom door and they'd go and get rid of them. Anyway one morning I heard the knock so I got up, walked into the loungeroom only to find quite a well known and loved Footscray (it was the '80s) player sitting on the couch. He said "where's that girl gone?" and I had to say to him "sorry mate but it's time to go"

Later in the day I said to her "mate, you know I love you like a sister and I'd do anything for you but don't ever put me in a position where I'm throwing (well known and loved Footscray player) out of the house again"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes bulldogtragic, ReLoad, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to root now, especially WA dogs members/supporters. Cmon West Coast. Smash Melbourne into tiny pieces.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes josie, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Need to root now, especially WA dogs members/supporters. Cmon West Coast. Smash Melbourne into tiny pieces.
    Yep, back on the root. First rooting for GWS, and now Wet Toast.... that's how you pick up an STD right there!

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’ll be there … rooting for west coast and generally feeling dirty.
    WOOF Member 422

16. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I’ll be there … rooting for west coast and generally feeling dirty.
    You’re a great man Scraggers. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Post Thanks / Like

We can still Celibate, Bevo has us Top 4, first time since 2010.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Scraggers, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We win our two games the worst case scenario is we finish second. Yeah top would have been nice but who ever looks back and gives a shit about top spot if you don't win the premiership? We've got game time into Adz, Dunks and Edd so lets ramp up and hit finals like a ton of bricks.

Also you need a loss before finals so you're not due for one during the finals. Everyone knows this.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    We win our two games the worst case scenario is we finish second. Yeah top would have been nice but who ever looks back and gives a shit about top spot if you don't win the premiership? We've got game time into Adz, Dunks and Edd so lets ramp up and hit finals like a ton of bricks.

Also you need a loss before finals so you're not due for one during the finals. Everyone knows this.
    Worst case, lose two and finish 4th, buts still a double chance.

i think we will win the next two
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Feels good to be back on the root. Let’s be honest. It’s more natural.

24. Likes bulldogtragic, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne should destroy the Eagles they are beyond bad atm.

40+