Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
BT,

With all respect the balance of that team is out.

- B.Smith isn't playing as a pressure forward
- Daniel isn't playing as a high HF
- Macrae isn't playing on a wing
- 3 tall defenders + Wood - I can't see happening either.

Understand it's a difficult task, but having a balanced team & clearly defined roles is going to be just as important as picking our best 22 players.
As Mof asked, then perhaps Wood doesn’t play. For argument sake, we meet port with Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall & Ladhams. I think we need three KPDs. If Wood makes things unbalanced, then that’s an open question for discussion as Mof says.

I wouldn’t play Macrae on a wing, but we need to put all our guns mids somewhere. With Smith I think he gets some time on ball, but he’s down the pecking order. Hence trying to think of a different role that plays to his strengths. Are we just going to rotate mids through the forward line or look to tap someone to stay there and give us some extra continuity down there? I really like Daniel kicking I50 and kicking goals as he’s been doing the last three weeks.

It’s a near impossible task. I wanted one or two more in but just couldn’t do it. Two weeks ago Josh Schache was not getting a mention in this thread. Certainly not KPD/2nd Ruck. A lot can change in a month.

How do you see us fitting all our mids? With tall oppositions, who do you have tasked (the traditional 2 KPD & Wood) or go the taller option Bevo tried for a couple of weeks? Who are supports Tim in the ruck?